Standing O for Jacob!

jacobyvoln27

2020 Vols Decade!!!!
Hey guys i made it too the ky massacre last weekend and would love to be there again this weekend for senior night! But I have a baptism to attend at 10 in the morning in Raleigh as the godfather! So my wish and if I was there would be the last Vol fan standing! Give Jacob the farewell he deserves, for what he did this year and maybe even a Jacob G. Chant. Thank you Volnation I know you will come thru, this kid bleeds orange, is a true VFL and damn it he deserves it!

Reactions: 31 people
Godfather.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
He is a name 10 years from now most will forget, he is what Tennessee football is all about hard work courage fought thru pain not talented enough coming out of high school, a walk on fought for 5 years just to be a back up and in the end he won the starting position, the very first game tore ACL, 99.9 percent would have hung it up, but for the love for TENNESSEE and the love of the game he fought thru the pain and still about 60 percent comes back to help his beloved TENNESSEE VOLS team mates, so in my mind I will remember his name forever, because he is a TRUE VFL I WILL:salute: HIM.

Reactions: 11 people
Gilliam? For playing hurt? I agree with giving the kid credit but there a lot of kids that give their all for tn. Croom had a great game. Hes worked hard and endured a bunch of criticism. That was good to see. Also Lane was back out there after having what looked like a serious injury the game before. There are a bunch of kids on their team that sacrifice a lotto play here. props to them all.

On a serious note, will be at the game and hoping for that chant.

Last edited:
Gilliam? For playing hurt? I agree with giving the kid credit but there a lot of kids that give their all for tn. Croom had a great game. Hes worked hard and endured a bunch of criticism. That was good to see. Also Lane was back out there after having what looked like a serious injury the game before. There are a bunch of kids on their team that sacrifice a lotto play here. props to them all.

Yeah. He's a freaking walk-on playing his last year on a torn ACL! I know alot of them play hurt but this is in the "hockey player" category. Besides walk-ons are not coddled like the stars are. They are basically fresh meat out there so anyone that walks on has my respect. One that fights thru all this kid has deserves more than that in my opinion.
Most of the big time players don't have the passion about their chosen universities as the walk ons. And most walk ons have way bigger balls than any of us do.
If you were a walk on then I'll take that last part back.

Reactions: 17 people

Very weak sauce here. First Croom won't be a graduating senior so he's not applicable - second - Gilliam is a warrior - should not be walking to class with that knee - much less starting and playing entire football games in the SEC. OP was on the mark - you not so much.

Reactions: 29 people
After all the SH...crap this small group of Srs have endured, I say a standing O for all o them.. They have been through some ugly stuff, not what a career at UT should be.. Thanks to all of them.. 2 TO GO !!! 63

No, not for playing hurt.

Playing with sore ribs is playing hurt.

Playing with a torn ACL, an injury that ends a kid's season 99.9% of the time, is absolutely something that deserves recognition above and beyond simply working hard and enduring criticism. Gilliam is seriously sacrificing quality of life to be there for his Vol family (in addition to working hard and enduring criticism).

It's quite telling of one's past experience (or lack thereof) when they basically scoff at what J.Gilliam is doing. J.G. embodies what it means to "Give my all for Tennessee.", and he deserves a standing ovation as much as anyone.

Reactions: 9 people

You are a sad tiny little person. Didn't get enough praise when you were young? The line has been substantially better since he rejoined the lineup. He is literally sacrificing his body to help the team out.

You are a sad tiny little person. Didn't get enough praise when you were young? The line has been substantially better since he rejoined the lineup. He is literally sacrificing his body to help the team out.

Say tiny little person? Jeeze... Chill out. The Op was kinda vague and didn't mention his last name. And in no way was I dismissing what he's done this season playing through an injury. I was just giving props to the whole team. A lot of them have been through a lot and continued to give their all for this school.

Reactions: 1 person
Say tiny little person? Jeeze... Chill out. The Op was kinda vague and didn't mention his last name. And in no way was I dismissing what he's done this season playing through an injury. I was just giving props to the whole team. A lot of them have been through a lot and continued to give their all for this school.

Quit now while you're behind.

Reactions: 3 people
Hey guys i made it too the ky massacre last weekend and would love to be there again this weekend for senior night! But I have a baptism to attend at 10 in the morning in Raleigh as the godfather! So my wish and if I was there would be the last Vol fan standing! Give Jacob the farewell he deserves, for what he did this year and maybe even a Jacob G. Chant. Thank you Volnation I know you will come thru, this kid bleeds orange, is a true VFL and damn it he deserves it!

This would be great to see. This would be on the same level from an emotional standpoint as watching Wes Brown intercept that pass and run it back for a TD against Vandy in '09, dragging those players with him on his bad knees.

After all the SH...crap this small group of Srs have endured, I say a standing O for all o them.. They have been through some ugly stuff, not what a career at UT should be.. Thanks to all of them.. 2 TO GO !!! 63

:lolabove: What he said. :):yes:

GO VOLS!

You really don't have a clue, do you?

Reactions: 2 people
We may have another Jacob bursting on the scene this weekend if AJ doesn't play. He likes it called "Yakob", though.

Godspeed to Jacob and all the team and especially the 4 and 5th year Seniors who have endeavored to persevere. A lot of practices and coaching changes over 5 years, hope they are stoked with Passion and leave it all on the field. GBO

This would be great to see. This would be on the same level from an emotional standpoint as watching Wes Brown intercept that pass and run it back for a TD against Vandy in '09, dragging those players with him on his bad knees.

Several years ago, my kids gave me a matted framed 11 X 14 photo of Brown falling into the endzone with a Vandy player wrapped around his waist. That was one of the neatest plays I have ever witnessed, scoring on the last play of your last home game. Awesome! Wes Brown is one of my all time favorite Vols and that was one of the best presents that I ever received!

Jacob Gilliam is a University of Tennessee Vol For Life ! He is playing with a torn ACL that normally ends all player's seasons. He fought his way into the line up after getting less respect as a walk on than the high rated stars of scholarship players. A thankless position is as an Olineman. Gilliam achieved the goal of Playing and then Starting. Yet, continues to give his all and come back and then starts again with a torn ACL. WOW!

JG's the kind of guy you want to stick around in your program. Find him a spot in the athletic department! Maybe even a GA in coaching? Idk sure would make a great story even better. I'll be standing for him come Saturday night!

Several years ago, my kids gave me a matted framed 11 X 14 photo of Brown falling into the endzone with a Vandy player wrapped around his waist. That was one of the neatest plays I have ever witnessed, scoring on the last play of your last home game. Awesome! Wes Brown is one of my all time favorite Vols and that was one of the best presents that I ever received!

Agreed... being a bit younger and becoming a Vol fan in the mid 2000's, that was my first emotional moment watching a game.

VN Store

Back