Vegas has not moved the line for the game since suspensions

yuup, we are still favored to beat a ranked team...sounds like we are setting ourselves up for an epic fail

Reactions: 8 people
It hasn't even been an hour since the news broke. The line will move. If the suspended players aren't back by Thursday, Missouri will be favored at kickoff.

3 points home team means basically flip a coin anyway. Vegas is right more times than they're wrong.. Line may move a point or two. Tennessee will probably still be favored by game if it's just a point.

Is this thread turning into a "didn't want him anyway" thread?

Yes. People will say, "thats ok, we have (insert young, inexperienced player here) We will be fine without AJ."

Then when the young kid struggles, people will automatically crucify the coaches for not having said player ready...or just say he sucks and we should pull his scholarship.

Happens all the time on VN.

Reactions: 2 people
Who gives a flying crap what "Vegas" has to say about this game??? Do you really think they have any influence or credibility to the score of the game? I mean if a fan's main interest is to make $$$ on the predicted probability "point spread"...then don't call yourselves fans. Sorry...I just get so fed up with people saying "Vegas" says this....or "Vegas" says that! "Vegas"...can kiss my a$$! Go Vols!!!

Reactions: 8 people
I agree, time for a young guy to step up.

This will be a peek at our next year's defense.

Without more experience on our line and in our secondary next season.

I too hope that a young guy will step up in prep for next year.

AJ is our best player on defense. AJ has a true freshman behind him. I'm shocked the line hasn't moved. Right now, I think 30-26 Missouri

Yes. People will say, "thats ok, we have (insert young, inexperienced player here) We will be fine without AJ."

Then when the young kid struggles, people will automatically crucify the coaches for not having said player ready...or just say he sucks and we should pull his scholarship.

Happens all the time on VN.

May see more of a young guy, but think it can be done in other ways. Curt will probably take charge of the D and we will see more of Vereen. JMO of course.

Reactions: 1 person
Wrong. Linebackers don't move betting lines 4 points.

This isn't just any linebacker. If AJ is out, it forces us to either play more freshmen or shuffle guys out of their natural positions. Anyone who has watched a UT game this year knows how important AJ is to this defense.

AJ is our best player on defense. AJ has a true freshman behind him. I'm shocked the line hasn't moved. Right now, I think 30-26 Missouri

I doubt a true freshman plays for him. Id say its bynum

Is this thread turning into a "didn't want him anyway" thread?

No . . . But, I was making the point a couple of weeks ago that his tackle numbers don't quite tell the whole story. He's grown into a good- but not dominant - linebacker.

That being said, what it does affect is depth.

VN Store

Back