Mizzou game (in light of recent developments)

chattavol420

I hope this doesn't get merged because there are already 10 thousands posts speculating on what will happen in regards to the legal process ect. At this point that's all just speculation and I'd rather discuss what happens with our defense this week in by far our largest remaining contest. some could argue this game is the one that will determine how successful this season ends up being. So two questions... Who takes over the middle (assuming no aj), and how does the team respond to have this huge distraction and losing the qb of the defense? My initial thought is thank God this staff finally put our best qb (also by far best fit for the system) out there. A few weeks ago I'd have said if the defense doesn't click on all cylinders we lose going away. But not so fast my friend... If the last few weeks are any indication we can score with anyone. What say you

Last edited:
I can't find anything on it being another player, but for some reason guys on the forums at Sec Rant keep saying the other player is CB Michael Williams.

I like AJ. But I think we're going to find that he's not quite as hard to replace as you think.

Reactions: 26 people
I like AJ. But I think we're going to find that he's not quite as hard to replace as you think.

Amen...this team's bigger than one player...AJ is a big leader and beasts out on the field but look out there...Barnett,Sutton...Maggitt? Our D will rep!

Reactions: 13 people
My biggest concern, as far as how it affects the team is the distraction it is going to cause, at a time when we are riding high and have a lot of confidence. Obviously I hope he is innocent, and if not, hope he gets what he deserves. Anything I can say will seem very selfish on my part, since there is potentially either a person that has been raped/assaulted, or a young man with a bright future that is being wrongfully accused, but I hope the investigation and outcome is swift so not just our team, but our fans and the media can move on.

Reactions: 13 people
Boggles my mind how kids, especially ones who are going to 100% be in the NFL making millions in a few months go and do this. Absolutely stupid. Also typical of Tennessee about to turn a corner yet again and have this kind of sh** happen. Unreal!

Reactions: 1 person
Aj has been a strong leader for the defense. But again we have to play for the future in 3 games Aj was gone anyways. Time for someone else to step up.

The future is bright on Rocky Top with or without AJ

The only thing we want to see is defense come out and play strong for 4 quarters. Give it all for 4 quarters and hope that when the teams are in the locker room the clock shows the vols with a lead. The end of the ball game the vols w a lead isnt enough. Have to be in the locker room pads off.

With or without AJ go vols lay the smack down to Mizz

I hope your right but with randolph being out and AJ being the leader of the D I see us struggling to stop the run

With Randolph missing the first half, and AJ out we will lose. I don't see AJ playing this weekend. I would think the investigation would take longer than that.

Should be a shootout, anyone think that Mizz stops our current offense?? Remember they still have to play the game, I don't think that this team will roll over and quit for anyone.

On a positive note this could bring this defense together and unite them even more and go out and play like hell for A.J. Its just a thought trying not to be negative about our situation, he is likely gone for this Saturday with the investigation ongoing until then. One player does not make a team, the only two people that would have that kind of effect on this team would be losing Dobbs, or Hurd, IMO.

With Randolph missing the first half, and AJ out we will lose. I don't see AJ playing this weekend. I would think the investigation would take longer than that.

Barnett, Maggitt, Sutton might all have something to say about that. Randolph out for a half isn't a big deal. TKjr is more than an adequate replacement.

VN Store

Back