So did anyone really figure out what the deal was with North?

volinbama256

There was a lot of speculation yesterday on whether he was still dinged up and just out there pulling double teams to get other kids open, or that he was pouting or in the doghouse.... It seems like we have never truly been at full strength at WR yet this season, and now that Pearson is back and Croom and Malone are firing on all cylinders, we really need to have the North back from last season in this final stretch of the schedule...

There was a lot of speculation yesterday on whether he was still dinged up and just out there pulling double teams to get other kids open, or that he was pouting or in the doghouse.... It seems like we have never truly been at full strength at WR yet this season, and now that Pearson is back and Croom and Malone are firing on all cylinders, we really need to have the North back from last season in this final stretch of the schedule...

Where do you people come up with this -- "pouting"? North has a shoulder injury.

Reactions: 8 people
It's been written that North And Dobbs are best friends. I can't imagine he would be pouting and sitting rather than out there helping his best friend if he wasn't mending some type of injury.

Hey, I am simply asking a question based on things I read yesterday, including another thread that brought up all these points..... I am not saying I believe any of them, again I am asking the question... Geez, do some of you actually read the threads or do you just read one aspect and start spewing venom? I am asking if he is OK and ready to go or if there is another issue.... is that so hard to understand?

Where do you people come up with this -- "pouting"? North has a shoulder injury.

I'm with you. I just figured ANYONE who follows the Vols even remotely knows MN has been fighting injuries....but I'm always amazed by this stuff....

I heard he was pouting at half time until they gave him a bottle of breast milk.

That's what I heard, and I'm sticking to it. :lol:

Hey, I am simply asking a question based on things I read yesterday, including another thread that brought up all these points..... I am not saying I believe any of them, again I am asking the question... Geez, do some of you actually read the threads or do you just read one aspect and start spewing venom? I am asking if he is OK and ready to go or if there is another issue.... is that so hard to understand?

No not 100%....he's trying much like Von Pearson did for a couple of games but he's still not well....

he just doesnt want it, - VN

Since dobbs has come to play QB he has gone to Croom and Pig whereas Worley was going for North and Pig more. I wonder if North, being a sophomore, has developed the ability to change his routes when Dobbs scrambles. Also now that they are reading the DE in the run game they might be reading the safties and OLB's in the passing game a little more and he may not be running his option routes properly.
I wouldnt worry too much about him yet, if you dont hear good reports over the winter and he is MIA in the spring game then that might be cause for concern.
Dont go all volnation on him and pull his VFL card quite yet, he is only a 2nd year WR/player. Dont forget he was a QB in HS.

No he's been kicking rocks because he's got nothing better to do with his time. The kid's been hurt.

Wait till him and Malone get it fired up at the same time. Whewwwww

PS don't forget about Josh Smith

I bet your wife wonders why you pout when you're in the doghouse. She probably feels the sane way op ask her.

I heard he was probable for last Saturday, but I am glad they didn't play him. One more week of rest couldn't hurt and they didn't need him.

Dead on! These morons don't understand this. Coach Jones has even said he's dinged up but they refuse to listen. Really? Follow baseball or basketball and leave the football vols alone.

Butch just said in his presser that his shoulder was still dinged a little and they had the luxury of resting it for the stretch run starting with Missouri.

CBJ this morning:

(On health of Marquez North)
"Marquez had dinged his shoulder up a little bit earlier in the week. We had the luxury--the game afforded us to pick our spots with him to try to get him back and be as healthy as you can possibly be for this stretch run, so we weren't going to risk anything. Could he have played more? Absolutely, but it was just one of those situations where we were at the stage of the game where we didn't want to risk anything and try to use that time to get healthy for this stretch run. So, we anticipate him becoming that much better."

VN Store

Back