Thought I'd mention

GBO97

The Beast is Rising
We have a starting CB we are obsessed with (Sutton) and one we frequently pick on (Coleman). But both have the same number of int's this year (3). Coleman may be a little more liable to give up a play than Sutton, but I'm starting to think the huge discrepancy between the fan opinions of the two may be somewhat unwarranted.

We have a starting CB we are obsessed with (Sutton) and one we frequently pick on (Coleman). But both have the same number of int's this year (3). Coleman may be a little more liable to give up a play than Sutton, but I'm starting to think the huge discrepancy between the fan opinions of the two may be somewhat unwarranted.

If you think they are even remotely in the same galaxy you hve zero knowledge about the game of football and I say that with no offense meant. Cam is a potential first rounder that can match up man to man with anyone. Coleman plays hard, but you simple cannot compare the two. Also Cam gets far fewer chances for ints bc people throw it away from him. Coleman gets more bc people pick on him.

Reactions: 2 people
There is a reason teams pick on the Coleman match ups and not the Sutton ones. That said we/he/they get exposed when our pass rush is weak. Thankfully it is picking up steam and making everyone's job easier.

Reactions: 1 person
Honestly, interceptions may be the most overrated statistic in football. It cannot really be used to compare how good a player is, because if you're a great corner, you're not going to get the ball thrown your way much. You also have to look at differences in defenses, some cornerbacks look good because they play in a zone, where as a great corner has the ability to lock in on a man to man coverage, too.

Thanks for the post Justin

Reactions: 3 people
Didn't Moseley get the start over Coleman on Saturday?

Found it:

Ryan Callahan ‏@RyanCallahan247 Nov 15
CB Emmanuel Moseley made his first start today, becoming the #Vols' ninth true freshman to start on offense or defense this season.

Reactions: 2 people
I was surprised that Eric Berry was even drafted after his interception poor last year at UT.

I was surprised that Eric Berry was even drafted after his interception poor last year at UT.

Sure heard his name a lot on the radio to day driving home, after three years of him making interceptions and breasting out every play they didn't throw where he had a chance to intercept.

Lol

original.jpg

Thanks for your post Mrs Coleman.

Interceptions are hard to come by when you lock down your man so well that nobody passes to him.

Sutton probably has less than 10 passes completed on him all year. He is also the best tackler on the team besides AJ.

Sutton is also amazing at flying in seemingly out of nowhere and correcting other players mistake. How many times have we seen one of our other DBs or a LBs get beat in coverage and Sutton gets in on the tackle? A million. Kid is on another level.

Last edited:
If a guy throws 50 punches at me and lands 47 of them and I only land three....would it be better than if a guy had thrown 20 punches at me and only landed 2 while I landed 3?

Coleman is the one getting lit up with the 47.

VN Store

Back