Lame

vollygirl

GO VOLS!!!
Staff member
We've all got 'em. Lame fan moments. (If the thread is a total fail, it'll quickly drop to the bottom of the page. No harm done.) It was a great win Saturday. And I enjoy the hell out of being a Tennessee Volunteer Football fan. It's fun being a fan, even if we have our lame moments. (Or maybe I'm the only one.)

I'll start.

1. I get a ridiculous kick out of the thing the players do with the drum line before they go to the locker room before the game. I scream and clap and holler like an idiot. Just makes me happy seeing them out there getting pumped up.

2. When I go through the crowd on the concourse, I pretend like I'm a running back looking for lanes to run in (only I'm not tall enough to play running back.) I anticipate people's movements, I adjust speed, I sidestep, etc. It is really way too fun. But I am REALLY good at it. My husband would never be able to keep up with me.

3. If it's an away game, and I'm watching at home, I help the players. I scream and tell them who to block, I tell them when and where to run. I scream at the refs to throw the flag (they never do). I urge the football through the uprights.

4. The Lil John thing about the straycats on the Vol-tron (is it L'il John? Jon? I'm not sure) made me feel a ridiculous amount of pride. I LOVED IT!!! (even if I'm not positive who he is other than a music guy that was on The Apprentice)

As a fan, I am blessed to enjoy watching Tennessee football. None of the pressure is on me to perform. I can just be as stupid and happy as it makes me. Maybe some of you feel the same?

Go Vols!!!!

Reactions: 39 people
We've all got 'em. Lame fan moments. (If the thread is a total fail, it'll quickly drop to the bottom of the page. No harm done.) It was a great win Saturday. And I enjoy the hell out of being a Tennessee Volunteer Football fan. It's fun being a fan, even if we have our lame moments. (Or maybe I'm the only one.)

I'll start.

1. I get a ridiculous kick out of the thing the players do with the drum line before they go to the locker room before the game. I scream and clap and holler like an idiot. Just makes me happy seeing them out there getting pumped up.

2. When I go through the crowd on the concourse, I pretend like I'm a running back looking for lanes to run in (only I'm not tall enough to play running back.) I anticipate people's movements, I adjust speed, I sidestep, etc. It is really way too fun. But I am REALLY good at it. My husband would never be able to keep up with me.

3. If it's an away game, and I'm watching at home, I help the players. I scream and tell them who to block, I tell them when and where to run. I scream at the refs to throw the flag (they never do). I urge the football through the uprights.

4. The Lil John thing about the straycats on the Vol-tron (is it L'il John? Jon? I'm not sure) made me feel a ridiculous amount of pride. I LOVED IT!!! (even if I'm not positive who he is other than a music guy that was on The Apprentice)

As a fan, I am blessed to enjoy watching Tennessee football. None of the pressure is on me to perform. I can just be as stupid and happy as it makes me. Maybe some of you feel the same?

Go Vols!!!!

I agree...You go girl!! :good!:

Reactions: 3 people
I wear only one shirt on gameday while i am watching or attending the game. in the game against South Carolina when we were down most of the game, she was watching. When she went to take a shower, we came back and won. So now, when we play, she is not allowed anywhere near the tv.

Reactions: 2 people

I'll start.

Go Vols!!!!

Number 2!! I thought I was the only one!

Reactions: 1 person

When I'm at the urinal standing next to the opposing fan I will sing Rocky Top.

Reactions: 7 people
I wear only one shirt on gameday while i am watching or attending the game. in the game against South Carolina when we were down most of the game, she was watching. When she went to take a shower, we came back and won. So now, when we play, she is not allowed anywhere near the tv.

So how are you handling the "Dobbs is not the answer" thread you started a while back?

I scream at the TV telling the players what to do. My wife and kids look at me like I need to see a Dr. When we won the Carolina game after jumping I threw myself in the floor and rolled around shouting whooo. It just felt good.

Reactions: 1 person

I do this in all public places.

I rack up about 2,000 yards after contact on Black Friday.

Reactions: 9 people

Somewhere... Evan Berry's mom is pretending she is a safety, seeking out a running back over the middle... keep your head on a swivel.

Reactions: 5 people
I used to do the running back thing in the concourse when I was a kid. Haven't been to a game in a few years now.

Somehow, my wife and ended up with the exact same grey University of Tennessee sweatshirts. (I think they were on clearance once when we were in Knoxville a few years back)

The day of the SC game, we were going out to run errands before the game and both of us ended up with them on. We kept them on for the game, and so this week - before the game - I put mine on, went upstairs, grabbed hers and made her wear it too.

Also, if we aren't doing well, I usually mute the sound on the television. If we start playing better, I watch with no sound.

I also keep my remote in my hand when we are on defense. If an opposing player breaks one, I hit the switch button so I don't have to watch the score and their celebration.

It's going to be hard this week. All my kids are Missouri fans.

VN Store

Back