Mizzou looks well coached

Nocleats

Watching Mizzou last night they looked very well coached. They run the ball well to set up their pass, and they stay true to what they do, they get first downs. Their Defense is very much a run stop defense and they don't give up the deep ball. They are solid coached team and I would not be surprised at all to see Michigan go after Pinkel very soon. He recruits in their back yard now and his style of play would work there. Tennessee will have to play perfectly to win, but they can!!!

Reactions: 1 person
I think he is very good coach. He definitely gets the most out of the talent he has on his teams. We will have to play well to beat them.

Reactions: 3 people
They do look very fundamentally sound..I don't remember hearing a whole lot about mizzou until they entered the SEC and now they are here and a thorn in our side! I am ready to put them in their place... Tough Game but our BIG ORANGE is playing good football right now! GO VOLS!

I have said this as well in several different threads. He is an excellent coach and his team will come to play. I still believe we are a better team and should win if we play to our potential.

Yep except MM is up and down. CGP is an excellent coach. We have our work cut out for us.

Watching Mizzou last night they looked very well coached. They run the ball well to set up their pass, and they stay true to what they do, they get first downs. Their Defense is very much a run stop defense and they don't give up the deep ball. They are solid coached team and I would not be surprised at all to see Michigan go after Pinkel very soon.

He's been coaching there for 14 years, and he'll be 63 at the start of the next season.

As much as he's built that program to a much better level than it was at before he got there, he's not going to be a coach that the bigger programs are going to show interest in...mainly because of his age, partially because of the way he recruits.

He recruits in their back yard now and his style of play would work there. Tennessee will have to play perfectly to win, but they can!!!

Not really. Missouri's pretty much recruited MO, KS, and heavily in TX while he's been there, with an attempt to increase recruiting successes in GA and FL (and a few from TN and MS) since the conference move.

Michigan doesn't really pipeline any of those states.

OP, last night was the first time theyve really ran the ball well. Their offense is pretty bad. A&Ms defense is garbage.Last in the SEC.

We are better coached! They're lucky to only have 2 losses. It's mindblowing to be that up and down and and still sitting in first place. We won't curb stomp them like Kentucky but if the d shows up it could be over quick.

Missouri has to be well coached to win. Their recruiting classes are never better than mediocre. Pinkel is seriously good at player development.

OP, last night was the first time theyve really ran the ball well. Their offense is pretty bad. A&Ms defense is garbage.Last in the SEC.

This. Mizzou has the 109th rated passing offense and has the 105th overall rated offense. They will never be confused with Baylor or Oregon. They do have the number 21 ranked defense though.

If you look at mizzu over the past several years, you see a couple of things.

1-CGP is the best right now at recruiting system guys and developing them.

2-mizzu takes care of business when they have to.

3-they're great on the road.

Gonna be a tough one Saturday if we give them a toe hold in the game.

they are. he s the winningest coach in school history. head coach there for like 13 years. vol fans are stupid to think this is automatic. they should be favored.

Just passing through....:whistling:

You guys are pretty much spot on with your Mizzou analysis. Offense has struggled this year with our new QB but he is showing signs of improvement staying in the pocket and making better decisions. Run game is very strong and our hope is Maty makes good decisions against your super hot team...

Defense is very strong and is the reason we are where we are right now in the standings.

Traveling to Knoxville on Friday and looking forward to your great game day atmosphere! On a side note I have a place to stay already but curious what would you guys say are the best, closest hotels close to Neyland? Looks like several are lowering their prices so we may try to grab another room. Thanks for allowing me to lurk on your boards!

Eh I was more worried about kentucky, best teams mizz has played was uga which blew them out and Texas am which isn't a very good team I think we win by couple touchdowns if we play like we have been

they are. he s the winningest coach in school history. head coach there for like 13 years. vol fans are stupid to think this is automatic. they should be favored.

People that make big bucks on this kind of thing know who should be favored. This reminds me of the Arkansas-lsu matchup last week.
Missouri's qb is horrible. They beat kentucky by 10, lost to a bad Indiana, got curb stomped by Uga, barely beat vandy, threw for 20 yards against Florida, got lucky and played the Aggies without its best defender. This team is the luckiest team this side of auburn and Vegas knows it.
They get their ass kicked on Saturday.

Reactions: 5 people
Beattie, I gave you a like.. you were pretty danm close with Kentucky and I like your thoughts about this!
Stay Positive bro! I for one Like it! its contagious.

Mizzou's QB has struggled but he is plenty capable of making big plays. Pinkel is similar to Bill Snyder at Kansas State. He is excellent at player development, finding recruits who fit his system that may not have the star power. He's put a lot of guys in the NFL. This is going to be a tough game for us.

Traveling to Knoxville on Friday and looking forward to your great game day atmosphere! On a side note I have a place to stay already but curious what would you guys say are the best, closest hotels close to Neyland? Looks like several are lowering their prices so we may try to grab another room. Thanks for allowing me to lurk on your boards!

Do you want to be within walking distance to the stadium or short driving distance? If the former, I would say Holiday Inn World's Fair. Just checked hotels dot com and it looks like they have rooms. Wouldn't recommend any of the others that are close and have rooms.

Otherwise, most chain hotels are within 20 minutes or less from campus. You could also consider staying in Crossville or Cookeville which are about one hour and 1.5 hours respectively to the west.

Edit: Just re-read your post, Mo. Scratch the part about hotels outside of town.

Last edited:
Just passing through....:whistling:

You guys are pretty much spot on with your Mizzou analysis. Offense has struggled this year with our new QB but he is showing signs of improvement staying in the pocket and making better decisions. Run game is very strong and our hope is Maty makes good decisions against your super hot team...

Defense is very strong and is the reason we are where we are right now in the standings.

You're welcome at my place Mo. We are 15 mins from Neyland. We have a spare bedroom on the cheap.

My question is, how is an 8-2 sec team not ranked in the top 25? Surely they will be tomorrow, right?

VN Store

Back