Coach Jones! Suit Worley up this Saturday!

NorthDallas40

Displaced Hillbilly
Let the young man take the first snap for the Vols!!! The kid earned it. He's a warrior and he gave everything he had to give for us! Let him open the game for us please.

And before you guys flame me read what I'm saying. It's Senior Day. Let him go out on a high note but he physically can't play the whole game due to his injury. But I really think he's earned this

Reactions: 4 people
Yeah he would look kinda funny in that sling suited up. No way this happens. If he was concerned about senior day he would have waited to have his surgery.

Reactions: 3 people
Let em be the gunner on the opening kickoff after we lose another coin toss.

Last I saw, his arm was in a sling after labrum surgery.

Oh, that doesn't matter. Just let him wear it over his uniform. He can take the snap with one hand while wearing the sling on the other arm. Easy, right?

Reactions: 1 person
Every play counts in an SEC game against a ranked opponent. I don't think it would be wise to waste even one play.

Yes....have some reconstructive arm surgery and then take a snap a few weeks later.:vava:

Yes, with a bowl game at stake and the opposing team looking to win the east, a wasted first play is all we need to start the game.

Yeah I know me too. Put stick'em all over his good hand and do a handoff to Hurd.

I know it's a long shot but would be an awesome gesture

Are you out of your mind? If he fumbled and gave Mizzou a short field to score, then you and everybody else would be ready to hang Butch. And rightly so.

Even worse if Worley permanently injured himself.

This isnt a everybody feel good sport by letting worley take the first snap. He wasnt getting the job done. I appreciate his effort during the season but no thanks.

Reactions: 2 people
What if he fumbled the snap especially with a new player at center? Missouri recovers and they score after the turnover and it ends up being the error that loses the game.......

Probably not a good idea. I'm sure Worley is a big boy and is handling just fine.

He can focus on his degree and go into a successful field and career. I do wish him well. He did the best he could. Got beat up a lot and took it for the team.

Are you out of your mind? If he fumbled and gave Mizzou a short field to score, then you and everybody else would be ready to hang Butch. And rightly so.

Even worse if Worley permanently injured himself.

Quite possibly yes, yes I am

Yes I know what I'm posting and realize it probably won't happen. Would be nice to see him suited up when his name is called and he runs out though.

No way we see him in game but he laid it all on the line for us and when he gets his turn to run through the T by himself Saturday I hope he gets a cheer that he will remember the rest of his life.:clapping::clapping:

Reactions: 4 people
This isnt a everybody feel good sport by letting worley take the first snap. He wasnt getting the job done. I appreciate his effort during the season but no thanks.

It would send a message that one player is more important than the team. Not what you want to be sending.

Quite possibly yes, yes I am

Yes I know what I'm posting and realize it probably won't happen. Would be nice to see him suited up when his name is called and he runs out though.

This would be insanely irresponsible if anyone would allow this. Just from a player's health prospective. Not mentioning how what a uselessly ignorant part of the game plan it would be....

Oh and with regards to the bowl game comments. If we don't hang another 50 on Vandy do we really deserve one. After last week we make a bowl and that makes me happy.

The risk to Worley is a valid point I concede though.

The answer is simple...
Beat Mizzou to the point of no recovery, give Justin his snap.

Admittedly a better idea planning wise than my original post. Still if the risk to further injury is high it isn't with the risk. The young man has already suffered enough pain at our expense

Players get hurt every year. It is part of the game. He should be identified over the PA like the other seniors. If they want to do something special, then let him walk out with the captains for the coin toss.

VN Store

Back