Is UK really trending toward UT

volnal

Wonder how Stoops feels after the beat down? Similarities of the programs? Really? I want some of what Mark is smoking.

there were plenty of threads in regards to Stoops and Ky being ahead of where UT is, and posters pissed off at Butch and co and lauding Ky's 5-1 start.

50-16

Reactions: 23 people
I'm rooting for Kentucky to beat Louisville. Would be great to have 13 bowl eligible SEC teams while Vandy sits at home.

Reactions: 19 people
Its easy to start 5-1 with their non conference slate. Then you mix in an early season game with Vanderbilt. And South Carolina at home.

Anyone who knows anything about football could have told you that our offensive play calling wasn't the problem. Many were bit@@@@ about the plays we were running, but our OL was horrible. It's still horrible, but Dobbs masks a lot of the flaws our OL has with his running ability. Mahoney is still a questionable recruiter, and he's still the weak link on this current staff IMO. On top of all this, we are really young, and we had to fully bank on Worley to win us games. Worley is an average QB at best. He struggled to read defenses, and he's horrible when rolling out of the pocket. Our OL + Worley's average QB ability really hurt us.

A lot of people also failed to realize that KY has an experienced team. Yea, a lot of their players are below average, but good coaching goes a long way. Having guys that's been working out for 2+ seasons is a huge advatage to a new coach. Look at what our OL did last year running the ball, and then look at us pre-Dobbs. KY also has a very good QB, and 2-3 defensive players that are NFL bound after this year. Top all of this off with a front loaded easy schedule, and you can begin to see why they had so much success early on.

Reactions: 1 person
UK sucks like they usually do. They were 5-1 because they played a very easy early schedule. Kentucky will have a losing season in 2015 also

I'm rooting for Kentucky to beat Louisville. Would be great to have 13 bowl eligible SEC teams while Vandy sits at home.

Louisville will beat UK the way Tennessee did. UK is finished and looks like they quit on their coach.

Your team is loaded with juniors and seniors on defense. It's not like your whole team is freshman and sophomores. How many freshman do you have in the two deep on defense? 2-3? We have 7. You have tons of guys that have been in your program for atleast 2-3 years, even if they are average players at best. Even more important, your upperclassman on defense are some of your best players. You have multiple NFL players on your defense that are all upperclassman. Our freshman are better than most our seniors. You start 2 true freshman on offense, we started the season starting 5. You guys have 3-4 RS FR on your o-line, but you don't have one true freshman playing consistently. We have 2. You guys are young at WR/RB/QB but RB/WR are the easiest positions to play as FR. Your best QB is a SO. You guys aren't in that bad of shape, nor near as young as we are in the two deep.

Even though UT won big yesterday, I'm still very impressed with the way Stoops has things going at Kentucky. I think he was a good hire for them.

Anyone who knows anything about football could have told you that our offensive play calling wasn't the problem. Many were bit@@@@ about the plays we were running, but our OL was horrible. It's still horrible, but Dobbs masks a lot of the flaws our OL has with his running ability. Mahoney is still a questionable recruiter, and he's still the weak link on this current staff IMO. On top of all this, we are really young, and we had to fully bank on Worley to win us games. Worley is an average QB at best. He struggled to read defenses, and he's horrible when rolling out of the pocket. Our OL + Worley's average QB ability really hurt us.

A lot of people also failed to realize that KY has an experienced team. Yea, a lot of their players are below average, but good coaching goes a long way. Having guys that's been working out for 2+ seasons is a huge advatage to a new coach. Look at what our OL did last year running the ball, and then look at us pre-Dobbs. KY also has a very good QB, and 2-3 defensive players that are NFL bound after this year. Top all of this off with a front loaded easy schedule, and you can begin to see why they had so much success early on.

Your just spouting off with knowledge you don't have and you don't know what your talking about, the offense is not as horrible as it was. It's just silly for you to say that.I'm not saying that they are where they need to be but there is some improvement. Dont expect people to take you seriously when you say foolish things like that.

Last edited:
The offensive play calling WAS horrible with Worley at the helm and with the oline problems. You HAVE to adjust to your team. They look great obviously with Dobbs out there.

That being said, I wonder if Dobbs and his family wanted him to redshirt if he wasn't going to see large number of snaps (some have said this was the case and it makes since as an engineer needing 5 years (Which I am an engineer))....which may be why he didn't play in those few series of downs vs Georgia.

I also believe that Worley was hurt in all of his games after Georgia because they stopped doing the things that were working during the first four games once the florida game started. He just didn't have enough zip on the ball to throw it down field and that is where we were succeeding with Worley in the game. I was ticked during that florida game but I believe the Dobbs redshirt and Worley being less than 100% after that elbow hit were the cause for the way the offense looked for 3.5 games.

That's why you don't change your offense to suit Worley and put your system in place. Now, they have been in the same offense for 2 years and aren't having to revert back to the their original offense after changing their system to fit Worley. Maybe coach can do that in a few years, but as a coach and staff, you don't change what got you there for a few games early in rebuilding. You establish a system and put the pieces in place. People wanted us to switch to I form with Worley. If we had done that, we wouldn't be putting up record offensive #'s.

Reactions: 2 people
Your just spouting off with knowledge you don't have and you don't know what your talking about, the offense is not as horrible as it was. It's just silly for you to say that.I'm not saying that they are where they need to be but there is some improvement. Dont expect people to take you seriously when you say foolish things like that.

Our OL has not just some how learned to block the last three games. Dobbs is making us look really good. I know what I'm talking about. Worley was a lot of the problem. He failed to pick up on blitz schemes. OK ran the same CB blitz all game with the same result all game. Your QB has to adjust. Dobbs running ability is saving us. You live and die by your QB in college. Maybe you should learn how football really works before you want to start acussing people of being stupid. Not only that, but I never said our offense doesn't look better. So, either you can't read, or you are fabricating an argument to look cool.

That's why you don't change your offense to suit Worley and put your system in place. Now, they have been in the same offense for 2 years and aren't having to revert back to the their original offense after changing their system to fit Worley. Maybe coach can do that in a few years, but as a coach and staff, you don't change what got you there for a few games early in rebuilding. You establish a system and put the pieces in place. People wanted us to switch to I form with Worley. If we had done that, we wouldn't be putting up record offensive #'s.

Excatly. Dobbs is making our offense. Our OL still struggles to block, but now Dobbs can run away from pressure and still make passes on the run. Worley was terrible rolling out of the pocket. Our coaches know what they are doing. People who think otherwise have no concept of football. The offense just looks so much better because of Dobbs ability to open plays up. The WR motion offense is really working due to defenses having to respect Dobbs running ability.

Last edited:
Excatly. Dobbs is making our offense. Our OL still struggles to block, but now Dobbs can run away from pressure and still make passes on the run. Worley was terrible rolling out of the pocket. Our coaches know what they are doing. People who think otherwise have no concept of football. The offense just looks so much better because of Dobbs ability to open plays up. The WR motion offense is really working due to defenses having to respect Dibbs running ability.

I was all for redshirting Dobbs so he would have 3 full years but this past few weeks have been too much fun. It will probably help with recruiting and gets us more practice this fall.

VN Store

Back