Jason Croom (NOT an injury thread)

zidanefan

Senior Junior Member
Well...

Exactly. 6'5" vs 5'11" and Croom had position. That was absolutely disgraceful. The second INT was on play calling and Worley for a bad throw. The one to Croom was all Croom. It's time to come to grips with things. Croom is not an SEC WR. As soon as Von's back, there's no reason for Croom to see the field again.

This was my post in an OK game thread after the pick in the end zone. I am more than happy to sit down to a nice plate of crow. Croom looked very good against KY... him dragging half of their secondary for the first down was fun to watch. He's been playing very well.

A few of you (SmokeyFTW and VolunteerTitan3) rightly called me out on my impetuous post.

So, hopefully Jason, MZTerry, and the rest of VN will find it in their hearts to forgive me. Looking forward to Jason's continued improvement.

Faux-Crow-Pie.jpg

Reactions: 15 people
Beast mode for croom.

Worth mentioning, this is another good reason not to ride players too hard. I've never felt the need to start an apology thread. Feels good, man.

Improvement is part of the game. Having a cast on one hand plays a role, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
As much as he has been bashed on VN, I hope he balls out the rest of his career and gets rich in the NFL, just to piss some of you "experts" off.

Reactions: 4 people
Well...

This was my post in an OK game thread after the pick in the end zone. I am more than happy to sit down to a nice plate of crow. Croom looked very good against KY... him dragging half of their secondary for the first down was fun to watch. He's been playing very well.

A few of you (SmokeyFTW and VolunteerTitan3) rightly called me out on my impetuous post.

So, hopefully Jason, MZTerry, and the rest of VN will find it in their hearts to forgive me. Looking forward to Jason's continued improvement.

Faux-Crow-Pie.jpg

You handled it right ! Kudos!! :salute:

his run for the first down as he carried multiple players and was initially hit with the defensive player having momentum didn't look soft to me.

So maybe all those people questioning whether coach jones can coach up talent now have their answer.

Well...

Faux-Crow-Pie.jpg

Way to man up! I will argue with your that Croom did not have position on the interception in the endzone against OU though. He was still running with his back to the QB/throw, the DB was facing the QB. Croom was still looking over his shoulder to find the ball and was still running down field, not your typical "jump ball". Had that throw had a little more arch, or been 1 second later(allowing Croom to turn and face it) then an interception would have been all on Croom. It was frustrating I admit, but Croom took a little more heat that he should. Now that being said, at the time I remember thinking that had it been North instead of
Croom, Touchdown.

I get uncorfortable seeing specific players named and severely critiqued on a public forum like this. I realize it is a discussion board, but we are talking about young men who like all humans develop at different rates. He appears to be doing things the right way and even though he may never be Megatron 2.0, he deserves respect for being a great representative for our university. Maybe we should be a little less specific when discussing players and mention groups of players, e.g. Receivers, lineman. Anyway let's cut them some slack. Just my 2 cents anyway. GBO

Now if he acted like Jameis Winston....we would have to call MZTERRY

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Croom gets 3 new threads every week. He had a great game... So did Josh, Jalen and Von...

Enough with the love affair.

Stupid post. This site exists so we can have a love affair with our beloved VOLs...
I was amazed how fast he is now. He outran their entire secondary weighing 250 lbs guys...wow...and yes i know it was kensucky. He still outran 2 d1 safeties and a corner...and he is HUGE. If it clicks for him he could be unstoppable...gbo vfl HUBANegas

Reactions: 3 people
It beats the hell out of the neg player threads. I never understood or agreed with a neg post about a player unless it is an character/off the field issue. I assume each player want to be successful. If they are not getting the job done, it is up to the coaches to put someone else out there. If they don't, then I assume there is a reason.

Reactions: 3 people
Well...

Faux-Crow-Pie.jpg

Don't sell this kid short. Jason can play!

As impressed as I was with Jason's speed on that long TD, I was even more impressed with the way he dragged those UK defenders for the 1st down. THAT was an amazing play. I believe that he is developing into a very nice WR and is beginning to learn how to use his size to his advantage. Great job, Jason.

Reactions: 1 person
Croom played great, no doubt, but Pig has been our leading reciever all season and I don't see 3 new pig threads after every game. I love Croom, this isn't a negative post, I'm just baffled by our Croom obsession.

Wonder if any calling for Bajakian's ouster have enough guts to take a piece of your pie!

Last edited:
momma Croom,be happy for your son who always "got it",but,now we all see that Jason gets it.He played great.

Again, not sure you are grasping the point of the thread.

Why the hell do you feel the need to apologize or eat crow? The kid played an awful game that night, you had every right to criticism.

Last night he played great, but if it's really what everyone was supposedly expecting why do we have even more new Croom threads?

I love the kid, love the vols and hope he becomes an All-SEC caliber guy before he leaves but I'm soooo sick of reading about the kid every week. There is more to our offense than 1 reserve reciever.

Go vols, go Croom, let's talk about someone else.

VN Store

Back