Just Saw This Week's Coaches Poll...

I was just thinking yesterday...this late in the season when was the last time the SEC East leader was not ranked in the top 25?

A 8-5 record this year would be HUGE for recruiting, and I think it is entirely possible.

Also, Georgia probably has a better chance to beat Bama in the SEC championship. I don't want Bama/Lane Kiffin anywhere close to a national championship.

This game is big for so many reasons. A good week of practice, a continuation of Dobbs honing his skills, and a huge turnout at Neyland sounds like a recipe for a win. Go Vols!!! VFL

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 people
As I posted in the RF, this game is Butch's most crucial game yet, other than this year's FL game. We NEED THIS WIN!

I was just thinking yesterday...this late in the season when was the last time the SEC East leader was not ranked in the top 25?

A 7-5 record this year would be HUGE for recruiting, and I think it is entirely possible.

Also, Georgia probably has a better chance to beat Bama in the SEC championship. I don't want Bama/Lane Kiffin anywhere close to a national championship.

This game is big for so many reasons. A good week of practice, a continuation of Dobbs honing his skills, and a huge turnout at Neyland sounds like a recipe for a win. Go Vols!!! VFL

Thinking that UGA would beat Bama in the SECCG? You are way underestimating SEC officiating. UGA would be wasting their time showing up.

Reactions: 14 people
As I posted in the RF, this game is Butch's most crucial game yet, other than this year's FL game. We NEED THIS WIN!

This game is much like the UK game in that UT has the talent advantage on the field. Which coaching staff will shine?

Yep going to have the sec refs under a microscope that game.

It won't matter. Bama gets everything. If the refs see they're about to lose or in jeopardy Theyll make the calls to make sure that doesn't happen. Nobody can convince me that there isn't bias, whether consciously or subconsciously for Alabama. I've never seen anything like it. The other 13 S EC teams should ban together and rebel

Reactions: 1 person
It won't matter. Bama gets everything. If the refs see they're about to lose or in jeopardy Theyll make the calls to make sure that doesn't happen. Nobody can convince me that there isn't bias, whether consciously or subconsciously for Alabama. I've never seen anything like it. The other 13 S EC teams should ban together and rebel

I've said the same thing about Florida. Go rewatch yesterday's USC/UF game, it's pretty obvious that the refs did everything they could to make Florida win that game.

Reactions: 2 people

I don't think this game is overly crucial. We are basically guarenteed our bowl eligibility already. This would be nice, but nothing as crucial as the last two games that really sealed our post season dreams.

I've said the same thing about Florida. Go rewatch yesterday's USC/UF game, it's pretty obvious that the refs did everything they could to make Florida win that game.

No question Florida benefits from terrible referees. They have 2 wins this year, all because of the ref's inability to watch a play clock expire.

VN Store

Back