A way too early, go ahead and troll me I can't help it, look at next season

skasper06

If (and yes this is a big if, but just play along volnation) we win out beating Mizzou, Vandy and whoever we play in a bowl, we would finish the year at 8-5.

Does anyone think it possible for us to be ranked preseason next year? Especially since our only big loss will be AJ Johnson?

I'd be willing to say we would at minimum get some votes in the AP...if not even somewhere as high as 22.

I think it will depend on who we play in the bowl game. If we play some unranked team that is 7-5 or 6-6 and we are favored, that will hurt our chances on being ranked in the pre-season. If we play a team ranked 20-25 and we win, we have a much better chance at being ranked. If we win convincingly, then we should be ranked.

If TN wins the next two and wins the bowl to finish 8-5 with 5 straight wins, TN will be ranked in the final AP top 25. Book it.

I think it will depend on who we play in the bowl game. If we play some unranked team that is 7-5 or 6-6 and we are favored, that will hurt our chances on being ranked in the pre-season. If we play a team ranked 20-25 and we win, we have a much better chance at being ranked. If we win convincingly, then we should be ranked.

I can't imagine an 8-5 Vol team, coming back with a Junior QB, a Sophomore RB, all of their receivers and TE's coming back as Juniors and Sophomores (save for Pig, who will be in his senior year), and every defensive starter returning save for AJ Johnson not being ranked.

We will have a ton of momentum entering next season, having won our last 5 games, and having beaten Alabama for the last 3 quarters of that game. We will be unbeaten with Dobbs, full of youth, and trending upwards. Moreover, we will be adding one of the best recruiting classes in the country.

Reactions: 1 person
With, what, 19 returning starters? And the recruiting class we're bringing in and the one we're coming off of. We'll be a "sexy" pick to win the SEC East. We were 20-25 coming off of a 5-6 season heading into 06. I could easily see us in the top 20, maybe around 15. Because of how much we'll have coming back.

Heck, if we finish 8-5 we might be ranked in the final pole this year.

If (and yes this is a big if, but just play along volnation) we win out beating Mizzou, Vandy and whoever we play in a bowl, we would finish the year at 8-5.

Does anyone think it possible for us to be ranked preseason next year? Especially since our only big loss will be AJ Johnson?

I'd be willing to say we would at minimum get some votes in the AP...if not even somewhere as high as 22.

I never really cared about a preseason ranking, I do admit it feels good to see UT in any rankings. BUT To finish in the top 25 I say.... " I LIKE IT, I LOVE IT, I WANT some more OF IT."

I hope us and OU are ranked so game day can be at UT. Would be an awesome atmosphere for the game. Also could be a huge stepping stone in the process as well as a recruiting event.

Considering the Ole ball coach might be out, Muschamp will likely be out, and Georgia will likely be losing both Mason and Gurley, I think the Vols should contend for the east next season. And honestly, if we really continue to get even better, I look at our schedule next season and only see Oklahoma and Alabama as favored losses. Other than that, we should be competing to win every other game. I'd take 10-2 in CBJ's third season.

Considering the Ole ball coach might be out, Muschamp will likely be out, and Georgia will likely be losing both Mason and Gurley, I think the Vols should contend for the east next season. And honestly, if we really continue to get even better, I look at our schedule next season and only see Oklahoma and Alabama as favored losses. Other than that, we should be competing to win every other game. I'd take 10-2 in CBJ's third season.

Spurrier isn't going anywhere next year. The win over FL pepped him back up. If they pull off a win over Clemson hell be right back to his old self.

As for us winning out. Yes I do think we will start the season ranked. We will probably be picked 2nd in the East by most.

I see us in the 15-20 range preseason if we win out. If we lose one of the next 3 to somebody not named Vandy we still may make the preseason poll.

And Dobbs will be getting Heisman hype for sure. Barnett Outland watch list as well.

Not as concerned with preseason rank next season as our post season ranking this season. I'd like to see us beat a top 25 in a bowl game. Think that would help these young freshmen get a taste of blood for next year.

VN Store

Back