Croom: Big target makes big plays

kamoshika

At 6'5, 243 pounds, Jason Croom is a big target for the Tennessee offense. But head coach Butch Jones has been imploring Croom to play even bigger.

Saturday against Kentucky, Croom played up to that size. The redshirt sophomore made three catches for 87 yards, including a 52-yard TD catch on the first play of the second half that that cemented the game for the Volunteers.

"Every day I'm working at it and learning just to use my body," Croom said. "[Coach Jones] has been preaching to us about using our bodies and making big plays and that's what we were able to do tonight."

Big Target Makes Big Plays - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

Reactions: 5 people
I've been waiting for Croom to step up! I want to hear 102k yelling Crooooom after every catch.

Reactions: 5 people
I was at the game, on the touchdown play after the bad screen pass, once he got past the first 3 defenders it looked like his strides were 2 yards long, he burned those little DB's.

Happy to see him have some redemption after a couple of bad games earlier this season. Although, I DO notice that there is a Croom thread after every game. Even if he catches 1 pass someone on here will call out MZTERRY and act like Croom is an All American. It kind of takes away from it when he actually does have a huge game, like last night.

Von's mom doesn't post on here and he had 2 TD's yesterday, yet nobody has started a Von thread.

I was at the game, on the touchdown play after the bad screen pass, once he got past the first 3 defenders it looked like his strides were 2 yards long, he burned those little DB's.

Happy to see him have some redemption after a couple of bad games earlier this season. Although, I DO notice that there is a Croom thread after every game. Even if he catches 1 pass someone on here will call out MZTERRY and act like Croom is an All American. It kind of takes away from it when he actually does have a huge game, like last night.

Von's mom doesn't post on here and he had 2 TD's yesterday, yet nobody has started a Von thread.
MZPEARSON isnt VFL like MZTERRY imo

Reactions: 1 person

Because Von isn't one of the most criticized players on our team, perhaps.

I could actually make a case for Croom being the most supported player on VN.

The support is in response to the criticism. Von has a lot of fans. If a bunch of rabid imbeciles started making posts every time he dropped a pass, or didn't have 50+ yards receiving, then you would have a swarm of supporters coming to his defense. It's pretty simple.

Reactions: 2 people
Von can never be a Megatron.

From NFL.com article last year:

"Where the wide receiver position is concerned, bigger most definitely has been better in the Southeastern Conference this season.

Texas A&M's Mike Evans, Vanderbilt's Jordan Matthews and the Missouri tandem of Dorial Green-Beckham and Marcus Lucas have made a major impact this season, and each has a size advantage over any SEC cornerback they encounter. The entire foursome ranks among the top five in the SEC in catches per game, with Matthews leading the field at 8.0. Evans and Matthews lead the league in receiving yards, with 691 and 586, respectively, and both rank among the top four in the entire NCAA in that category."

Croom has the size and potential to be what we hoped Justin Hunter was going to be before the ACL. That's why he gets so much attention here. Only thing his momma has to do with it is her genetic contribution.

Smart dummy... he is an ALL -American - Go find it.. do your homework.

as much as you're bashing Croomster, your azz keep popping up on every one of the threads talking shyt about him and me. You're the fan that I would love to meet.

Reactions: 8 people
Von can never be a Megatron.

From NFL.com article last year:

"Where the wide receiver position is concerned, bigger most definitely has been better in the Southeastern Conference this season.

Texas A&M's Mike Evans, Vanderbilt's Jordan Matthews and the Missouri tandem of Dorial Green-Beckham and Marcus Lucas have made a major impact this season, and each has a size advantage over any SEC cornerback they encounter. The entire foursome ranks among the top five in the SEC in catches per game, with Matthews leading the field at 8.0. Evans and Matthews lead the league in receiving yards, with 691 and 586, respectively, and both rank among the top four in the entire NCAA in that category."

Croom has the size and potential to be what we hoped Justin Hunter was going to be before the ACL. That's why he gets so much attention here. Only thing his momma has to do with it is her genetic contribution.

There is only one Megatron and that is Max Arnold

You are by far the biggest rectum of Volnation. :thud::loco:

Hahahaha.

I tell you what MZTERRY, I was critical of Jason because he had some struggles. Never attacked him per se, but felt he could perform better when his name was called.

I've been impressed with his fight and effort! your boy is showing he was raised right :good!:

as much as you're bashing Croomster, your azz keep popping up on every one of the threads talking shyt about him and me. You're the fan that I would love to meet.

Damn right. We all love you and Jason. Screw this fool and his ignorance. He doesnt understand how lucky we are to have you posting here to give us inside info from a player and a parentd perspective.

If the Croomster keeps makin plays like he did saturday he will definitely be playing on sundays. Hope you enjoy the new house he buys you....lol. we love yall.

Hahahaha.

I tell you what MZTERRY, I was critical of Jason because he had some struggles. Never attacked him per se, but felt he could perform better when his name was called.

I've been impressed with his fight and effort! your boy is showing he was raised right :good!:

I respect that, but here is something I've always preached. Don't be so judgemental of the kids. They're busting their asses to entertain you. I'm only going to speak on my kid, but there are others in similar situations.

Croomster struggled with a cast on his had for 7 1/2 weeks and still played. Go back an look at ALL the pictures you can find previous BAMA. He gives every part of himself to UTK. SOOOOOOO it is bothersome when your kid is being downed. The flip side for me is.. .I love VOLNATION and becuase I read and sometimes post; it was hard for me NOT to respond to people calling my son a punk - soft - cement hand (which was true in a sense.. lol) I can laugh now, but it definitely wasn't funny then .....

I'm just really happy you're seeing what type of player he's always been now that he's injury free and healthy. The best is yet to come. We're going places... Hopefully Chick-fil-A here in Atlanta.. :):dance2:

Reactions: 3 people
rs soph. MzT, he's going to be one of those kids that feels like they've been in the program for 6 yrs. Congrats on the big game for him the other day. Considering he wasn't targeted or didn't play much in a couple of games for whatever reason, that was good to see and shows that patience and hard work can pay off and I bet he felt great Sat night.

Keep trying to remember why I detest him and go after him a lot lately...thanks for reminding me ma'am. :hi:

To heck with all the infighting... I was so impressed with so many players getting hit and dragging 3 cats down field before finally hitting the ground. And WOW VON plowing the guy over to get into the end zone!!!! fricken awesome and so good to see. Why wasn't that all over ESPN???
Admittedly I missed all the morning college football post games and helmet stickers awards and stuff. Was Von talked about at all?

Just think a little more touch on that pass in the end zone that sailed and the Croomster would have had 2 tds! He's really busting heads out there now. I love how difficult it is for DBs and LBs to take him down. Make them work for it, #18! :loco: Light em up! :machgun:

I respect that, but here is something I've always preached. Don't be so judgemental of the kids. They're busting their asses to entertain you. I'm only going to speak on my kid, but there are others in similar situations.

Croomster struggled with a cast on his had for 7 1/2 weeks and still played. Go back an look at ALL the pictures you can find previous BAMA. He gives every part of himself to UTK. SOOOOOOO it is bothersome when your kid is being downed. The flip side for me is.. .I love VOLNATION and becuase I read and sometimes post; it was hard for me NOT to respond to people calling my son a punk - soft - cement hand (which was true in a sense.. lol) I can laugh now, but it definitely wasn't funny then .....

I'm just really happy you're seeing what type of player he's always been now that he's injury free and healthy. The best is yet to come. We're going places... Hopefully Chick-fil-A here in Atlanta.. :):dance2:

He's been a joy to watch lately. I have a feeling he's going to do some damage this weekend and in the bowl game. :clapping:

Question: Is he excited about AK coming in to play next year?

VN Store

Back