Vol Walk being roped off with increased Security

govols105

The vol walk is now being roped off literally with an increase in security standing every few feet along the rope not allowing fans to interact with players like in the past. This is in the area of the pep band. i think it is hampering the experience, even the security guard said it's the first time they have done it since he has worked the vol walk. is it like this the whole length of the vol walk? i know they have barriers up around gate 20 and 21 and always have.

Reactions: 1 person
It happened after the home opener against Utah State. Every since that game it has been like that. I even told my wife after the Utah State game it looked like Butch was very overwhelmed and didnt like the people crowding him

Speaking of which, what time and where would one want to be to experience the Vol Walk for next Saturday night against Mizzou?

It happened after the home opener against Utah State. Every since that game it has been like that. I even told my wife after the Utah State game it looked like Butch was very overwhelmed and didnt like the people crowding him

I would'nt want people up on me either. Scream all you want, say what you want as I walk by but dont touch me like you know me. We aint buds.

Reactions: 2 people
Speaking of which, what time and where would one want to be to experience the Vol Walk for next Saturday night against Mizzou?

7:30 game so 5:15. I am usually where they get off the bus by the torch bearer. I hate this format of the Volwalk. I liked it the way Fulmer did it. It is just too short and it is chaos.

Reactions: 1 person
Vol walk even bigger this week in that Coach Jones is allowing some football support staff to make the walk also, thanking them for their behind the scene dedication. He knows it takes a lot of people to make this football program successful. Well deserved.

I was at the Flordia game and this was not the case. I was right at the turn onto Phillip Fullmer way. I got high fives from Jones, Sutton, and Evan Berry.

7:30 game so 5:15. I am usually where they get off the bus by the torch bearer. I hate this format of the Volwalk. I liked it the way Fulmer did it. It is just too short and it is chaos.

I liked that too. Crowd would only be two rows deep before the torch bearer.

Was a report of a threat on Butch!
tumblr_nc8q9juftv1smmsbuo2_500.jpg

The vol walk is now being roped off literally with an increase in security standing every few feet along the rope not allowing fans to interact with players like in the past.

I've not been over to the walk this season. Having said that, there seems to be an endless supply of bat**** crazy people in our country. I'm suprised they are not ushered into the stadium through a glass tunnel. Should be the aquarium walk.

We were on the river side of PMP, and my son got high 5s from most the team. There wasn't even a rope on that side, as we were standing in the double yellow lines in the middle of the road about half way up the hill.

VN Store

Back