Nathan Peterman

BigOrangeTrain

Morior Invictus
I wonder why CBJ didn't let Peterman sling it around a little in the 4th? The game was well out of hand, so what could have been the reason? Of course his only pass was an incompletion but still. What do you guys think?

No need to risk any injury, keep the clock rolling and get to Mizzou. Game was so far out of hand it would be in bad taste if a midrange pass ended up in the end zone. That would make us like Ohio State and kicking Akron in the head after they are up by 50.

Reactions: 1 person
I think it was a courtesy but I don't agree with it. The back ups need reps in live game situations and Peterman might need them more than anyone.

Reactions: 3 people
He did it right. Exercise the run game, take the clock down. Less plays = less opportunities for injuries.
We already had at least one significant injury to a starter plus Randolph has a mandatory penalty the first half of the next game. No reason to take chances slingin the ball around.

As long as it's the backups throwing it around late in the game, I'm totally ok with this. It's classless when you've still got your starters in, doing that, while up by 30.
This is generally an accepted practice and not frowned upon among the coaches as well.

NP is in because we were in full control of the game, so there is no need to do anything but burn the clock and give the backup OL/RBs some game experience not for NP to sharpen his passing game. If you saw the frustration on CBJ face after NP missed the TE you could have guessed we were going to run another passing play.

To me NP never looks relaxed on field, more than anything NP needed to be out there to show the coaches he can execute the game plan even it is just handing the ball off.

I think it was a courtesy but I don't agree with it. The back ups need reps in live game situations and Peterman might need them more than anyone.

There's no amount of work that will make Peterman serviceable if his job calls for more than simply handing the ball off.

Yes while young Peterman's performance to date has been less than stellar he's still one of our Vols guys. And admittedly I've been pretty hard on him too even posted a pic of the Iraqi information mister referring to him as our one qb.

But I think it's a straight forward answer. Butch just wanted to get the young man some confidence while not facing one of the top SEC defenses for once. Just executing plays and having the ability to make game situation reads was good enough I think.

I'm glad Peterman got the better part of a whole quarter of play and hopefully against Vandy he can get some more significant time and perhaps open up his play some more. Doubt he gets a chance against Mizzou though. And finally maybe some final season reps in the bowl

I wonder why CBJ didn't let Peterman sling it around a little in the 4th? The game was well out of hand, so what could have been the reason? Of course his only pass was an incompletion but still. What do you guys think?

Because he wanted to keep the game well out of hand.

Once Jennings and Dormady get on camous I would imagine that NP will get bumped down to practice squad. Looking at this guy's HS film, it is unbelievable how little he has progressed at the college level.

Once Jennings and Dormady get on camous I would imagine that NP will get bumped down to practice squad. Looking at this guy's HS film, it is unbelievable how little he has progressed at the college level.

Nate will be number 2 next year. He is the essential backup who will give the other two a chance to redshirt. Essentially what Worley's injuries cost us last year.

Nate will be number 2 next year. He is the essential backup who will give the other two a chance to redshirt. Essentially what Worley's injuries cost us last year.

Thats a real weakness if our backup QB is a freshman. Can't get away with that in the SEC. Any chance Worley gets a hardship redshirt?

What will happen if Dobbs goes down. Will Peterman do the Worley.. get sacked, never run the ball and continuously hand off to tailback up the middle (one of the worst offensive plays in Tennessee offense selection). Hope Dobbs stays healthy !!!

I'm more confused why they put Vic in during mop up time and we just run the ball. As early as the Utah St. Game I was hoping to RS Wharton. Oh well...

What will happen if Dobbs goes down. Will Peterman do the Worley.. get sacked, never run the ball and continuously hand off to tailback up the middle (one of the worst offensive plays in Tennessee offense selection). Hope Dobbs stays healthy !!!

If Dobbs goes down, we go to the single wing with Hurd as the tailback and bring back j majors as an asst. coach.

VN Store

Back