I'd like to commend regular Gate 10 users!

Coug

My friend and I had the unfortunate privilege of using Gate 10 for the game this weekend. I think the last time I had to use that thing I was in the single digit years of my life so the memory of it is pretty vague. Well, let me tell you that thing is horrendous! When we walked up the ramp we couldn't imagine a wheelchair user trying to roll up that thing and it's darn near 45 degree angle. God bless any individual that has to attempt it if it ever snows because that could be an assured Youtube event. That thing honestly could not be torn down faster! Here is to you Gate 10 users, you guys are troopers!

Gatsby-Cheers.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Here's the final phase of the Neyland Renovations. Once we start winning and bringing in more cash you won't have to worry about them anymore.

Attachments

• 1088081.jpg
    1088081.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 116
I spent the better part of my childhood going up and down that ramp. Looking back, I didn't think much about it but I was walking it with my grandparents and they never complained that I can remember. Tough old birds. Finally age and illness forced them to give up their tickets or they'd still be walkin it.

The problem with today's society is that we're lazy. Heaven forbid people get those bones moving.

Reactions: 3 people
i'd much rather use gate 10 than other entrances that make you wind back and forth to get to the upper level. takes too damn long

When our season tickets were on that side of the field I didn't mind gate ten because it took us straight up to our section without all the zig zagging and there was never a backup like gate 21. The only complaint I had was that we sat under the upper deck so you can't see the jumbotron. They had little 12" TV's but that was pointless. They need to install a couple smaller video boards on the other side of the stadium so the people on the jumbotron side can see replays and all the videos that fire u up during timeouts and such.

When our season tickets were on that side of the field I didn't mind gate ten because it took us straight up to our section without all the zig zagging and there was never a backup like gate 21. The only complaint I had was that we sat under the upper deck so you can't see the jumbotron. They had little 12" TV's but that was pointless. They need to install a couple smaller video boards on the other side of the stadium so the people on the jumbotron side can see replays and all the videos that fire u up during timeouts and such.

Yep. I sit there, but I like them, atmosphere in that area is awesome. They put some new monitors up, but I say we shoot for another jumbotron on the other end as well, if nothing else, we'd be unique and I could see replays. Lol

To some of us, that's all we can afford. Between the hotel room and gas, trips can get expensive. I am proud to be in Neyland regardless of where I'm sitting.

That whole side of the stadium reminds me of a dungeon. We moved from L over to Y8 this year. I compare it to when Annie was taken in by Daddy Warbucks.

"LOOK DAD, WE'VE GOT A REAL LIVE CALHOUNS NOW, AND OLD CREEPERS WON'T STARE AT MY WEE WEE AT THE TROUGH ANYMORE!!!"

That whole side of the stadium reminds me of a dungeon. We moved from L over to Y8 this year. I compare it to when Annie was taken in by Daddy Warbucks.

"LOOK DAD, WE'VE GOT A REAL LIVE CALHOUNS NOW, AND OLD CREEPERS WON'T STARE AT MY WEE WEE AT THE TROUGH ANYMORE!!!"

I wasn't even going to bring up the width of that concourse when you're walking from L to Q. I couldn't imagine having to use it on a regular basis during a mass exit.

I'll be honest, even though we've got updated facilities, and now face the jumbo tron, the seats on section L seemed roomier and not as close tot he seat in front of it.

I'll gladly take this trade.

I'll be honest, even though we've got updated facilities, and now face the jumbo tron, the seats on section L seemed roomier and not as close tot he seat in front of it.

I'll gladly take this trade.

So you basically have to break your neck to look at the jumbo tron?

The biggest problem we had was finding the dang gift shop! No signs from gate 12 , almost walked out the stadium on the second level following a security guards directions, then we made it and stood in line during halftime and finally got in to see a group of people hanging out in the men's section on the left , they were just chatting it up with long lost friends I guess, no consideration for anyone else, (you know who you are! I was the guy with my wife's blanket draped over my shoulder telling you to gtfo!) other than that great experience ! Seeing the Neyland statue was cool and not to mention the stomping of the mildkats!

VN Store

Back