Missouri line

berryvol

I looked around but couldn't find a thread on this, so mods, merge if necessary, my apologies if there is.

What do y'all think the line opens at for the Mizzou game? My guess is that we will be favorited by 2. Could go either way. What guesses Ye Volnation?

Well, Vegas was spot on with the Arky line even though many scoffed. They moved the UT/UK line up as the week went on and that turned out to be correct. I didn't see the UGA/Auburn line or the USCe/UF lines.

My guess is they will have it REALLY close to even. Mizzou is such an erratic team the Vegas guys probably hate them.

Georgia was favored by 2.5 I think. Not sure about Florida

Vegas made bank this week in that case. I bet there was so much money on Auburn and LSU that you would poop yourself.

The vegas prognosticators are deadly good towards the end of the season. If they have Mizzou favored then I will be a little worried.

i think it will be a pick em. Mizzou is all over the place and we won against 2 meh teams so it is kinda hard to gauge either team i think.

Mizzou looked good tonight against A&M. We are going to have to play excellent football to have a chance imho. I know A&M had a freshman qb but Maty Mauk was hitting receivers in stride. They are NOT Kentucky.

Some of you guys clearly don't know how gambling lines work. Vegas makes it money (at least on the sports book front) by making sure the money is even on both sides of the line. That is why you see lines move. They make their money on the "vig" or "juice".

For instance, in order to win $100 on our game yesterday at Tennessee -10, you had to bet $110 in Vegas. So assuming the money was even on both sides of the line, Vegas makes 10% of all wagers per game.

Some of you guys clearly don't know how gambling lines work. Vegas makes it money (at least on the sports book front) by making sure the money is even on both sides of the line. That is why you see lines move. They make their money on the "vig" or "juice".

For instance, in order to win $100 on our game yesterday at Tennessee -10, you had to bet $110 in Vegas. So assuming the money was even on both sides of the line, Vegas makes 10% of all wagers per game.

Vegas only keeps the juice from the losers. If you win, you get it back along with the amount you bet, plus your winnings.

Also, they don't make sure the money is even. The line moves when big money from gamblers who are well known moves in one direction. Heard it on 104.5. They don't care if I bet a thousand, but if several guys put their big money in one direction the line shifts. Better example, if I sell my stock it won't drop the price of walmart, but if several big investors sell then the price will plummet because people will assume they know something.

My guess is Vegas will have us favored by 3 points or so. Missouri obviously has a much better record than us, but their strength of schedule is atrocious compared to ours. Their toughest game of the year was Georgia. If we had played their schedule, we may currently be 8-2 as well. I have little doubt that we would have beaten Indiana if we swap Indiana out for Oklahoma, and I like our chances of beating both Vandy (who they have already played while we haven't) and Texas A&M if we swap them out for Alabama and Ole Miss. That would leave us with an 8-2 record with our only losses being Florida and Georgia if we had played Missouri's schedule. With that said, I don't think that Mizzou will be a cake walk like Kentucky was. But I do believe we have an excellent shot to win. Hopefully Mizzou will sneak into the top 25 so that we have an opportunity to get a win over a top 25 team, which would of course get us more mentions on ESPN, ect.

VN Store

Back