Brian Randolph how long

govols105

is he out until? since he got ejected for the qb sliding into him. losing him for any part of the missouri game may well cost us that game as well as losing crowder. :( i still hope we can win though but it will be much, much tougher without these two.

Reactions: 1 person
Mizzous passing attack blows. It was good tonight at TAMU. But the aggies defense is about like UK and South Carolina. First time mauk went over 200 in an SEC game this yr.

When the QB goes low, he puts his head in harm's way. If ya gonna be a runnin QB, don't whine about getting hit. It was a judgment call, the refs made their call.

When a QB slides feet first, don't hit him and surely don't hit him high. It's not a difficult concept.

Reactions: 5 people
We will miss Randolph. He was making tackles all over the place before the ejection. TK Jr is good but not on the same level just yet.

The only pass plays we got blown up on were randolf in coverage. It's him, McNeil, or Coleman that are liabilities in coverage. But he's probably our best option at safety.

Quit crying. It was a cheap shot to the head of the qb. Take your medicine.

It was definitely a shot to the head. It was not a malicious cheap shot. I have no problem with them enforcing the existing rules. However, I do have a problem with the rule as it is written (as well as the consequences. Almost 4 quarters worth of suspension? Ridiculous.)

Reactions: 4 people
When the QB goes low, he puts his head in harm's way. If ya gonna be a runnin QB, don't whine about getting hit. It was a judgment call, the refs made their call.

I agree spec. When the next play he ran the ball and tried to juke the linebacker and they slowed down thinking he would slide. I agree keep them safe but if you slide and put yourself in that position it's your fault. Know the four arm well thatigjt have been a little dirty. Go vols

It was definitely a shot to the head. It was not a malicious cheap shot. I have no problem with them enforcing the existing rules. However, I do have a problem with the rule as it is written (as well as the consequences. Almost 4 quarters worth of suspension? Ridiculous.)

Agreed. It's too much for something where intent is subjective. The suspension is just for show so that the NCAA can cover its ass. I do think the automatic review was a step in the right direction, but they ought to limit the ejection to the current game.

it was called correctly but i cannot stand this rule for qbs who are running like rbs. it makes sense for exposed WR, but when an athletic guy is running 15 yards down field and just drops to the ground out of nowhere, there is no way the guys coming full speed at him have a chance to pull up. it then costs us 5 yards the next play because we were all afraid to touch him and he slowed down like he was going to slide. i think the qbs should be fair game when they run or they need to slide much earlier than running right at a defender and then dropping at the last second.

Reactions: 4 people
it was called correctly but i cannot stand this rule for qbs who are running like rbs. it makes sense for exposed WR, but when an athletic guy is running 15 yards down field and just drops to the ground out of nowhere, there is no way the guys coming full speed at him have a chance to pull up. it then costs us 5 yards the next play because we were all afraid to touch him and he slowed down like he was going to slide. i think the qbs should be fair game when they run or they need to slide much earlier than running right at a defender and then dropping at the last second.

I agree.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back