Has Neyland ever Hosted a Bowl Game?

dbarker

Just wondering. You'd think someone would want to do so with the size we can fill. Plus the money from other fans coming to Knoxville.

Not sure I want to see a game in Neyland played by two teams that aren't wearing an orange Power T

Reactions: 4 people
I mean I wouldn't necessarily want to see anyone else play, but the money made in the town, and for hosting would be nice.

There were plenty of toilet bowl games when Dooley was here.:p

Last edited:
I used to work with a guy from Boise a few years back.. He said there is NOTHING at all to do there.. Crazy to think they host a bowl game there

Eh, I drink beer and shoot guns, if you like outdoors theres no better place. Boises about the same size as Knoxville and after my first trip to Knoxville this year, they are very similar, with us having mountains and a desert, and you guys having green hills.

Knoxville in January isn't appealing even with the lure of Dollywood.

Let's just let Neyland be ours... I am not into sharing our stadium for some 2nd rate bowl that brings 40 thousand folks to the stadium.

Back in the 90's, (1994, I believe) UT hosted a Sweet 16 and it was a logistical failure mainly due to hotels, etc. Plus, as it's been stated. East TN in late Dec/Jan isn't an ideal destination.

You need to envision the word GATORS in one end of Neyland. Not something I would want to see

VN Store

Back