Coach Cutcliffe respect

cwbytruckers

I have started watching Duke when I can because of my respect for what Coach Cutcliffe is doing there. My question is how would the fan base feel about a home and home with Duke. They have a pretty good squad every year now. Would be a quality non conference game without taking on the top dog from a power 5. I myself think it would be a good game for recruits in that area to go back home and play. And would give high school kids in the area that can't make it to Knoxville. Thoughts???

Reactions: 1 person
I like it. I've always respected cutcliffe and have really enjoyed watching duke play these last few years. I think it would be a great set of games.

Duke has a beautiful but very small football stadium. We would not be allotted very many tickets as there are high schools that have a larger seating capacity. It is a good place to see a game though you are generally very close to the action.

I hate the thought of contributing to an L on Coach Cuts record... Would be a fun game to watch though... I'd rather play an NC, NC State, or Miami on a home and home though. Miami would bring quite a bit of national exposure, plus it wouldn't hurt to beat them in Miami as far as recruiting goes.

Reactions: 2 people
Agree that he has done a phenomenal job at a predominate ACC doormat. Quality coach!
That said, maybe a one off in Charlotte if not a home/home

I wanted his as HC after Kiffin AND Dooley's departure. He's a hell of a football coach. I root for Duke every chance I get, as long as he is coaching there.

I wanted his as HC after Kiffin AND Dooley's departure. He's a hell of a football coach. I root for Duke every chance I get, as long as he is coaching there.

Me too. I love Coach Cut. He just wasn't the "sexy" hire everyone was wanting.

Me too. I love Coach Cut. He just wasn't the "sexy" hire everyone was wanting.

Remember, the reason he was fired before is because he refused to fire/change any of his staff. Guess ADs worry about that line not to be crossed. CBJ has carried his staff for a long time.

Without a doubt, a knowledgeable coach who has brought Duke back, at least with some respectability in the ACC. But, I would think that financially, UT can't afford to have home/away with that Duke stadium

Remember, the reason he was fired before is because he refused to fire/change any of his staff. Guess ADs worry about that line not to be crossed. CBJ has carried his staff for a long time.

Without a doubt, a knowledgeable coach who has brought Duke back, at least with some respectability in the ACC. But, I would think that financially, UT can't afford to have home/away with that Duke stadium
But in Knoxville and one in Charlotte could work.

We can probably afford it. We just likely don't want to give up the home game money there.

Cut has always been a class act. It would be a cool regional matchup as opposed to a cupcake directional school.

some of you may be too young to remember but we've lost a couple of times to them in the 80's when they were big underdogs. Once when Spurrier was coach.

Coach Cut is a great man, as well as a fine football coach. He should have gotten the job after the kiffen fiasco.

We can probably afford it. We just likely don't want to give up the home game money there.

This!

We must remember that the University only had $1 Million in reserve for all sports at the beginning of this season. It will take time to get this up to a respectable level. Far too many buyouts (Thanks sHammy).

VN Store

Back