Gameday Parking Help

allsgood21

My wife and I are wanting to park downtown around Worlds Fair Park and eat/drink at Calhouns before the game Saturday. What are some good lots to park in and also best ways to get out heading toward Chattanooga (I-75 South)??

Thanks in advance! GBO

Maybe the Methodist Church. It's pretty close to everything you're wanting to do.

Reactions: 1 person
I park right where the interstate turns into Cumberland Avenue. Quick exit with minimal traffic. However, it is a good walk from what you want to do and it's $20.

There's a lot at the end of the 17th St exit on the left. Long walk but only $10. Easy access back to 40/75.

My wife and I are wanting to park downtown around Worlds Fair Park and eat/drink at Calhouns before the game Saturday. What are some good lots to park in and also best ways to get out heading toward Chattanooga (I-75 South)??

Thanks in advance! GBO

We've had good luck at The Foundry (if they aren't having an event that day). Something like 10-15 bucks.

I just realized how much I take for granted the fact that I park for free with a 4 minute walk to the stadium. I will now appreciate that a lot more.

As stated above park at Calhouns, I believe they still give a restaurant credit for the amount of parking.

If not, there is a Parking Garage directly across the street from Calhouns for $20. Nice little walk to the stadium, but its all flat. Park as far down in there as possible so you don't have to go up and down so many stairs. Its tough getting out after the game is its only drawback.:hi:

I think we would like to park somewhere other than Calhouns. What's the best time arrive downtown? A little before 11 okay?

Locust St garage for $20. And when you exit don't turn out onto Locust St like everyone else, go down another half level and exit onto Walnut. This will take you to Summit, take a right, then a left on Hall of Fame, and you're on I-75 N.

Locust St garage for $20. And when you exit don't turn out onto Locust St like everyone else, go down another half level and exit onto Walnut. This will take you to Summit, take a right, then a left on Hall of Fame, and you're on I-75 N.

We may do just that! Thank you

What about the free garage? Market Street?

How early should we get there? Do you know how much they charge?

I would get there by 11 or so, it was $20 last time I checked. You can also go to Ruths Chris and do the same thing, I think it maybe $5 more.
If you are wanting to go to Calhouns anyway and you can get on Neyland dr and it takes you right back to I 40.

I would get there by 11 or so, it was $20 last time I checked. You can also go to Ruths Chris and do the same thing, I think it maybe $5 more.
If you are wanting to go to Calhouns anyway and you can get on Neyland dr and it takes you right back to I 40.

Yeah I saw that on google maps. I just don't know what that side of town is like after a game. I've always parked on the strip

Yeah I saw that on google maps. I just don't know what that side of town is like after a game. I've always parked on the strip

It's not terrible, but it does bottle neck on I 40 going west right after the game. You could always go the other way on Neyland and get on 129 right before it hits I 40. Not sure that will help.

It's not terrible, but it does bottle neck on I 40 going west right after the game. You could always go the other way on Neyland and get on 129 right before it hits I 40. Not sure that will help.

Yeah I'm used to that traffic. Once I get on the interstate I'm fine. I just don't want to get blocked in anywhere and sit for 2 hours before leaving knoxville

Market Square is the way to go. Its free and you get you exercise by walking. Easier getting out of town after the game is over also.

Yeah I'm used to that traffic. Once I get on the interstate I'm fine. I just don't want to get blocked in anywhere and sit for 2 hours before leaving knoxville

Calhouns is easy back to the interstate, they block traffic from coming down it so you are usually the only traffic on Neyland. I park at Ruths Chris about twice a year and I can get to the interstate in about 5 minutes. I have a tailgate on the strip right behind where o'charleys used to be the rest of the home games.

Here's a free tip for volnation. In the alley, near/off of 17th and Highland, there are two open spots. Always. I only really know about bc I used to live in a house that ran against the alley.

I park there every time I've gone back for a game. Good luck and happy hunting.

PS. I'll be deleting this soon haha

Last edited:

VN Store

Back