#ShakerNeyland

EricBerryistheMan

Let's do it. If everyone can figure out which color clothes to wear, then everyone can bring a shaker.

vols-fans1.jpg

Reactions: 6 people
I don't know why they can't put them in the seats for one game once in a while. Not gonna lie, it was pretty cool when UGA did it this year

Reactions: 2 people
Yea, would be nice for at least one game if they put one at each seat, or handed them out as you walked in the gate...Seriously though, they are only $1 and you can find them everywhere. It looks really cool in the student section when they are all going, I imagine it would be pretty awesome if the whole stadium had them. Im in, may even buy a couple!

Reactions: 1 person
Also, does anyone remember when you could buy streemers to throw from the upper deck? When TN would score it would rain down paper trail of streamers from the upper deck down on the lower deck.

I also remember when the upper deck would throw plastic cups at games after a bad call?

Reactions: 5 people
The shakers have disappeared at Neyland during the past 10 years. I'm one of toes that would like to see them brought to use again consistently.

Reactions: 4 people
okay this will tell my age. I can remember seeing oranges thrown at opposing players. :loco:

Friend of mine played for Vanderbilt. He said after UT beat them, fans were throwing sugar cubes at them because the win clinched a Sugar Bowl appearance.

Reactions: 6 people
I hate shakers, towels, signs, etc. These things all significantly dampen the noise level on the field (where it matters). People should use their hands to create mini megaphones and yell- very loudly- towards the opposing offense. That is all.

Reactions: 12 people
Last games at Neyland this year should have alot of recruits there.

I'd like to see it checkered again.

That was totally awesome!

BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

More than likely, like everything else, there is the cost factor. I recall when there were pom poms placed in the seats at Neyland. However those weren't the ones like today that are plastic, they were paper. I remember seeing lots of them dissolve in the rain. I made it a point to bring pom poms to the bama game, especially for Third Down for What. I didn't have any problem making lots of noise while shaking the pom poms. I will bring them again Saturday and Saturday after that and to the vandy game. Win out!! GBO!!

Heck, you already got shakers on the end of your arms, don't you? Well, then shake'em! :dance2::clapping:

GO VOLS!

I remember back in the 70's the cheerleaders would shoot em up in the stands, they never made it up to section QQ.

Also, does anyone remember when you could buy streemers to throw from the upper deck? When TN would score it would rain down paper trail of streamers from the upper deck down on the lower deck.

I also remember when the upper deck would throw plastic cups at games after a bad call?

That was rolls of toilet paper

VN Store

Back