2014 Season Pick Contest - Week #12

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Week #12 is up. Lots of good SEC games this week. Good luck!

-----
Guys this is the weekly pick contest which will last the entire season and consist of 14 weekly entries.

Each week I will select 10 games from around college football, which will be posted on Sunday (or Monday at the latest). I will not include any Thursday or Friday games, just to keep things consistent with the entry deadline.

All entries will be due before noon (Eastern Time) on Saturday.

The season winner will receive a $300 Amazon gift card.

Please post in this thread if you have any questions, suggestions, or comments.

Also, I strongly suggest setting up a recurring reminder on your computer or phone. If you miss a week, you can still have fun competing with other members, but it will be really hard for you to win the contest.

Last Week's Results

This week's

Season Standings

Good luck and thanks for playing.

5/10. WTH do I keep picking UK? Lol.

Interesting week. Good SEC games. I'll be a homer and for the sake of the contest I'll pick UK to beat UT, even though I doubt it. Have to do something to gain some points somewhere.

Freak just so u know Virginia Tech is spelled incorrectly. Keep up the great work & thank u for everything u do for VolNation. Go Vols!

Reactions: 1 person
today is one of my most proudest days.....going into week 12 and I have climbed up to #2...

5/10. WTH do I keep picking UK? Lol.

Interesting week. Good SEC games. I'll be a homer and for the sake of the contest I'll pick UK to beat UT, even though I doubt it. Have to do something to gain some points somewhere.

Interesting logic. You don't typically gain ground by knowingly picking the wrong team. ;)

Moving up. Not ever gonna catch up but nice to see.

When I go to this weeks picks, I can only get last weeks picks. Also, I was listed with 8 correct last week when I actually got 9 correct.

Almost forgot to enter this week...while I am 15 spots back, and not mathematically eliminated, I'm just playing for the fun of it now...

Hats off to Walkerhound for both leading this week and opening up an advantage overall...nice job.

On to this week:
Nebraska - could have went either way, but i think nebraska has a little more to prove
TENNESSEE - we get one more step closer to that bowl game
Duke - VT usually pulls one of these ranked team wins out, but I just feel Duke is driving to a showdwon with FSU in the ACC title game
LSU - Arky is last in the SECW
Auburn - Yep the SECW IS better than the SECE
USCe - Spurrier is on a "semi-hot" seat, no way he loses this one
FSU - See Duke above
TAMU - See Auby above
MSU - because I HATE BAMA :)
OKST - coin flip of the week

Good luck all and enjoy the weekend !!!

am I the only one that had a horrible week of picking games? 5-5 this week.

VN Store

Back