the SEC East standings

lexkyvol

I f we were to beat both KY and Mizzou, and Florida loses at home to South Carolina, the following 4 teams would have a tied SEC East record of 4-2:

Tennessee, lost 2 UF and UGA
Florida, lost to Mizzou and would be SC
Missouri, lost to UGA and would be UT
Georgia, lost to UF and SC

this would put the 1st 4 teams at 4-4 in the SEC and UGA at 5-3 in the SEC, but as I alluded too, all 4 would have SEC East records of 4-2. This scenario (if UGA was sent to Atlanta for finishing 5-3) would be totally unfair to the other 3 because UGA played a lesser SEC West schedule. Your thoughts?

My thoughts: we could have beat Florida and Georgia. So we don't deserve Atlanta. Maybe next year.

Reactions: 21 people
I f we were to beat both KY and Mizzou, and Florida loses at home to South Carolina, the following 4 teams would have a tied SEC East record of 4-2:

this would put the 1st 4 teams at 4-4 in the SEC and UGA at 5-3 in the SEC, but as I alluded too, all 4 would have SEC East records of 4-2. This scenario (if UGA was sent to Atlanta for finishing 5-3) would be totally unfair to the other 3 because UGA played a lesser SEC West schedule. Your thoughts?

No team is weak in the SEC West this year. Georgia would have the best record and would be completly fair to send them to the SEC championship.

No team is weak in the SEC West this year. Georgia would have the best record and would be completly fair to send them to the SEC championship.

if you think playing arkansas is comparable to playing the likes of ole miss and/ or alabama, something about selling you this beachfront property and the state of alaska come to mind. fair to send them, yet they lost to usc. c'mon man!

In that case we would be 4 points away from going undefeated in the division. That's a crazy thought.

Reactions: 2 people
if you think playing arkansas is comparable to playing the likes of ole miss and/ or alabama, something about selling you this beachfront property and the state of alaska come to mind. fair to send them, yet they lost to usc. c'mon man!

Uga does play auburn which is on par with ole miss. I see zero argument as to how ww would deserve to go over uga or Florida.

In that case we would be 4 points away from going undefeated in the division. That's a crazy thought.

if the standings were based on the east vs the east as they should be and the tie-breaker came down to what u listed above, we would be in atlanta easily

We just need to try to win two of the next three and get to a bowl. UGA beat us head to head. How would we deserve to be there?

If UF beat South Carolina, they'd also have a 5-3 SEC record.

Or did I miss something after I turned off the Vanderbilt game.

Not sure what's fair or unfair here. If it goes past the first tiebreaker, UGA would lose regardless because they're the only team - at the moment - with two in division losses.

No one in the East has really had much of any success against the West this year, save for 1 game.

Reactions: 1 person
If UF beat South Carolina, they'd also have a 5-3 SEC record.

Or did I miss something after I turned off the Vanderbilt game.

Not sure what's fair or unfair here. If it goes past the first tiebreaker, UGA would lose regardless because they're the only team - at the moment - with two in division losses.

No one in the East has really had much of any success against the West this year, save for 1 game.

and would be 5-1 vs the SEC East this year

If GA has the best record then they deserve the beat down thats coming!

I would be happy for UT and having a winning record for a change!

and would be 5-1 vs the SEC East this year

Right, so in a three team tie, they would go past UGA, unless Missouri was involved and they had beaten UT.

My bad though. I didn't see the UF losing to South Carolina part in the first paragraph. I thought the "UF, lost to Missouri and be SC" was supposed to mean they would have lost to Missouri and beaten SC.

None of it really matters to me at this point.
I believe Aub will still beat GA and Fla will beat FLA ST. I'm afraid Al will beat Miss ST,
and then beat whoever in the champ game then win out and then change that dang number on their little ugly red helmets to 16 and there will be non-stop crap on all the sports channels showing little Nicky and Kif and his cute little visor all loving each other non-stop for 10 months.....

Just freaking shoot me now, I'm for anybody but AL.....ANYBODY BUT ALAFREAKINBAMA!!!!!!!!!!!

The Vols will beat Missouri.
Florida is going to beat South Carolina.
Auburn is going to beat Georgia.
Arkansas/A&M or both is going to beat Missouri (UF only needs one to beat them, but UT must beat them).

Florida will play either Bama or Mississippi St for the SEC Championship.

Last edited:

Not to get picky, but I'm pretty sure the saying involves Arizona. I know it's not that warm, but I'd love to own some oceanfront property in Alaska! Anyways you're right that not all schedules are created equally...

Reactions: 3 people

Maybe if we beat UGA then we could have this argument but until then no.

Alaska has the most coastline of any US state. Lots of beachfront property there.

Reactions: 5 people
Like it or not I submit we want FLA to win the East this year and here is why.

UGA isn't going to let go of Richt even after the shellacking UGA got my FLA. USC isn't going to let go of Spurrier because they are not morons. Only way those two teams change coaches if if the coach decides to do it (which... frankly... Spurrier could).

So we aren't going to win the East this year boys and girls, I don't care what any roadmap says. So if we don't win it why do we care which other team wins it I submit.

But.... if FLA wins the East there's NO WAY they let go of their Head Coach after taking them to the conf championship. So I submit we want FLA to win the East this year so they get stuck with Muschump at least one more year :)

This is the scenario I keep saying to my FLA buddies here at work and they are terrified of the prospects of it actually happening.... hehe....

Anybody sit back and watch this season and think about what teams of yesteryear would have done to the SEC East this season.

Every now and then I think about what some of Spurrier's or Meyer's teams would have done to these chumps and it made me grab something with a lot of proof.

I'm sure some of you must have thought about what a Manning or Shuler era team would have done to the chumps in this division this season.

You mean the Arkansas that lost to bama by 1? And Georgia also plays Auburn, who beat Ole Miss. So that is very comparable to UT's west opponents.

Last edited:
Anybody sit back and watch this season and think about what teams of yesteryear would have done to the SEC East this season.

Every now and then I think about what some of Spurrier's or Meyer's teams would have done to these chumps and it made me grab something with a lot of proof.

I'm sure some of you must have thought about what a Manning or Shuler era team would have done to the chumps in this division this season.

I can't believe I'm going to agree with a freaking FLA fan but you are correct sir. I believe Spurrier's or UT's best would've walked the floor with the East this year. But I also believe they would've handled the west as well.
I think top to bottom the west may be the toughest half conference ever but I don't think any of them are a dominate team like we've seen previously.
I just hope somebody other than bama wins

VN Store

Back