1st game at Neyland

Dustin4Vols

Me and wife 1st game is this Saturday. Any tailgating info? Alcohol concealment? Places to check out? Trying to get everything in as much as we can 😄. Deffinitly checking out the volwalk

Me and wife 1st game is this Saturday. Any tailgating info? Alcohol concealment? Places to check out? Trying to get everything in as much as we can 😄. Deffinitly checking out the volwalk

Long pants. High socks. Small bottles. Be smoothe. Everything else will work out.

Reactions: 3 people
Check out the hill (colors might be nice if they're still there), the vol walk and salute to the hill, make sure you get to your seats in plenty of time for the pregame festivities (warmups and running through the T), try to go and enjoy market Square between 9 & 2 for the farmers market or just for breakfast or brunch. By the way, there's a whole tailgating forum on VN. You should find plenty of info there. I'd link, but I'm on mobile.

Be ready to stand up the entire game - especially if the "fan" behind is ragging on the coaching staff the whole time.

Sneak plenty of mini fireballs into the game. Good for keeping ya warm! :thumbsup:

I love seeing the band march down the hill playing RT, and seeing those little majorettes twirl. You don't see that in the NFL.

You will have to choose whether to "whoo" or not to "whoo" during RockyTop.

Mini bottles of Jack. Mix with your Coke. Enjoy :toast:

Wear Orange. Be loud.

"Woo" during Rocky Top

Reactions: 2 people
Long pants. High socks. Small bottles. Be smoothe. Everything else will work out.

lulz...that exact strategy worked for me at the OU game this year. In spite of her laughing at me, I enjoyed numerous bourbon and cokes. She got nothing...

My first game at Neyland was the 84 Kentucky game. "If it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have NO luck at all."

What day/ time of day are you heading down?

Looks like we will be making the same trip from Virginia this weekend.... :)

If the game is at 4pm get there Early.... expect traffic and delays at times, if it was me I would get there no later than 11am... walk the strip.. sip and snack... talk KY Trash... head toward the stadium and blend in with all the other fans. Calhoun's is on everyone's list to hit, take your time and soak it all in.....

Go Vols!

I'll be heading down from Virginia but I'm leaving early Friday. Why would I spend a whole day in the office when I can spend it on Rocky Top?

Come early, take in everything.In the stands earl after Vol Walk.Enjoy "circle of life",the band(the best),the "T".Then the game.Prepare to lose it mentally.It's OK.GBO.

Reactions: 1 person

I am from Louisiana and this will be my second time attending a game there. Where is the best place to park with someone who has handicap disabilities? What time should we arrive? Also I'm in section Y9 down low. Are those good seats?

A few things...

I don't recommend walking around the strip (Cumberland Ave.) with open alcohol. Although I have seen many do it and have done so myself, the wife and I were once with another couple who had beer in URC's (ubiquitous red cups). They were very surprised to be ticketed for open container. So, even though it doesn't happen often, it does happen. As has been said, you won't have any problems at tailgates. If you must, a good strategy would be to put it in fast food cups with lids.

As has been said, getting there early is must. I recommend going to the downstairs bookstore in the Carolyn Brown University Center. It is THE best shop for Vol stuff and attire. Two blocks from the stadium.

Check the gameday page on utsports.com for details on the Vol Walk and the band marching to the stadium.

There are excellent tailgates in the parking lot across from gate 21. Most everyone will welcome you with open arms. But, for courtesy, I recommend taking your own libations and maybe something for the host.

Best of luck and GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back