All SEC preseason next year

1standgoal

All SEC preseason teams will look much different next year. This year TN has one player on the first team defense, A.J. Johnson, and one player on the third team offense, Marquez North. Next year we will have numerous players such as Barnett, Sutton, North, Dobbs, Hurd, Wolf,,Reeves-Maybin, Maggitt, Howard, and Medley. What a difference a year makes.

Last edited:
I'm not sure Pig will either. I like him, I root for him, but as many good plays that he has, he matches with bonehead plays. That doesn't make any preseason conference lists, especially in a conference as deep/talented as the SEC.

Barnett, Sutton (even though he got torched by Amari Cooper, may drop him a little), Hurd (probably third team), Wolf, and Medley... Dark horse-- Jaylen Reeves-Maybin for sure.

Reactions: 1 person
All SEC preseason teams will look much different next year. This year TN has one player on the first team defense, A.J. Johnson, and one player on the third team offense, Marquez North. Next year we will have numerous players such as Barnett, Sutton, North, Dobbs, Hurd, Wolf, Croom, Howard, and Medley. What a difference a year makes.

Some of these are stretches. I could see

Sutton - 1st
Randolph - 2nd
Barnett - 2nd
Howard - 2nd
North - 3rd
Hurd - 3rd
JRM / Maggit - Honorable Mention

Croom - Nope
Pearson - Nope
Wolf - Not Yet
Medley - Not Yet
Dobbs - Next 3 Games will tell

I do not think any of those are a lock for 1st team except Barnett and maybe Sutton. All will be very solid players. SEC is loaded with WR's PIG and North may be 2nd or 3rd Pearson is still virtually unknown per injury Josh Smith was our leading receiver when he went down. Lot of very good TE's also UGA's freshman TE very good and on a more media team right now. Medley maybe on 3rd team but he had 2 misses last week. Magitt may be a 3rd team Pre also. Hopefully at the end of next year we will be loaded on the All SEC that when it counts. On Dobbs it will be between him Mauk ,Ken Hill Towles. Next year the QB in SEC is pretty down so if Dobbs finishes out like lat 2 games he could be 1st team pre. a lot of variables but few locks.

Lol no way Croom makes all SEC, he only has 15 catches and barely over 200 yards receiving.

North probably won't either, he's started slow.

Pearson missed too much time with sprained ankle.

Medley will be good, but highly unlikely he makes it after this year.

Bottom Line: we're improving, regardless of what next year's polls may or may not indicate.

Last edited:
Medley is money from 39 yds or less. 12 out of 13. From 40+ he's only 1 out of 5.
Also perfect on PAT's 27 for 27. The accuracy is there he just needs to work on leg strength. He's going to be a good kicker.

Reactions: 2 people
Medley is money from 39 yds or less. 12 out of 13. From 40+ he's only 1 out of 5.
Also perfect on PAT's 27 for 27. The accuracy is there he just needs to work on leg strength. He's going to be a good kicker.

I remember those missed kicks against USCe where the wind was blowing so hard they looked like they were filming one of those Buffalo Wild Wings commercials.

I remember those missed kicks against USCe where the wind was blowing so hard they looked like they were filming one of those Buffalo Wild Wings commercials.

I was actually at Buffalo Wild Wings during the game. I wasn't ready for it to be over and asked the waitress to send this one to overtime, like their commercials suggested and she obliged.

You're welcome, Volnation.

Reactions: 5 people
I was actually at Buffalo Wild Wings during the game. I wasn't ready for it to be over and asked the waitress to send this one to overtime, like their commercials suggested and she obliged.

You're welcome, Volnation.[/QUO

You done yourself proud.

Must have turned on the fans when the Cocks tried to tie it in OT.

That kick was UGALEEEE!!!!:dance2:

Any clue when next years early top 25 rankings come out,curious to see if the vols will be ranked preseason

All SEC preseason teams will look much different next year. This year TN has one player on the first team defense, A.J. Johnson, and one player on the third team offense, Marquez North. Next year we will have numerous players such as Barnett, Sutton, North, Dobbs, Hurd, Wolf,,Reeves-Maybin, Maggitt, Howard, and Medley. What a difference a year makes.

Those polls never won anyone anything. The players UT has now and coming in 2015 are solid.

Some of these are stretches. I could see

Sutton - 1st
Randolph - 2nd
Barnett - 2nd
Howard - 2nd
North - 3rd
Hurd - 3rd
JRM / Maggit - Honorable Mention

Croom - Nope
Pearson - Nope
Wolf - Not Yet
Medley - Not Yet
Dobbs - Next 3 Games will tell

Agreed. Sutton will be only 1st team prediction IMO. I think Howard will be 3rd team to start year along with North. Agree on Barnett and Randolph. Maybe JRM and/or Maggitt sneak in. Regarding Dobbs, not sure what QBs SEC has coming back next year but I would think Dobbs might have a shot. I'd put him ahead of UF's QB, Vandy's QBs, LSU's QB, whoever AUB, Ark, etc. will have. Is Prescott a senior? I think Mason and Towles will probably be right up there also.

Last edited:
Any clue when next years early top 25 rankings come out,curious to see if the vols will be ranked preseason

I can already tell you the answer to that: nope. Don't have the schedule in front of me, but won't happen until after they win their first big test of the year.

Reactions: 2 people
I can already tell you the answer to that: nope. Don't have the schedule in front of me, but won't happen until after they win their first big test of the year.

If I'm not mistaking the first big game is Georgia

Has Marquez just been doubled all year? Seems like we would move him around so we could get him in single coverage. I'm sure he his taking some heat of our other playmakers but MN is tough to bring down after the catch. Would like to see him getting more touches.

So 2-2, maybe 3-1 if we can pull off the upset and best Oklahoma

You are consistent in never picking UT to beat Florida. I can't blame you or pick us either until we actually beat them a few times.

Maggitt and North will not be on any preseason All SEC list. Both have had disappointing seasons, particulary Maggitt.

I think we could also see KM, TKjr, Kamara, P Williams on a pre season list as well.

Barnett should be all SEC at the end of this season. He has at times been dominant, and if he is not preseason 1st team next season it's criminal. Tell me 2 players who play DE who should be picked ahead of him, maybe Miles Garrett at A&M. Barnett has had a better season than Garrett this year, 7 sacks and 14 tackles for loss, but Garrett may have more overall talent.

I bet 22 Vols make the All-SEC preseason list in "Football Time in Tennessee" magazine.

Lol no way Croom makes all SEC, he only has 15 catches and barely over 200 yards receiving.

Are you crazy? Jason Croom's got to be the frontrunner for the Biletnikoff award and he's probably on the shortlist for the 2015 Heisman Trophy. You know, once he finally cracks our starting lineup this Spring.

VN Store

Back