Patrick Ashford MPV of the SC game

1standgoal

Butch named holder Patrick Ashford MVP of the SC game, and if you watch the extra point attempt to tie the game, you'll see why.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15 people
I noticed that during the game, but forgot it since we won.

It was a great hold, how do you think Dobbs felt? Kid rushes for 150 yds, throws for a couple hundred other. Single handedly pulls this sorry Oline from the bottom. Guy catches one high snap and holds it (which is his only job)

I'd be mad, but it was a great hold fwiw.

Go Vols!

Butch is smart. Who else would credit a place holder when our QB just set records. He understands it's the little things that's been getting us beat. Have to show the love to people who play vital roles without ever getting noticed. I remember 4-5 years ago our special teams couldn't stop anyone. The Arkansas punt return a few years ago still blows my mind. Now, our special teams are lock down. It's the little things that go unnoticed that mean so much to our team.

Reactions: 17 people
Hope he gets his own standing ovation when he goes to class next.

It was a great hold, how do you think Dobbs felt? Kid rushes for 150 yds, throws for a couple hundred other. Single handedly pulls this sorry Oline from the bottom. Guy catches one high snap and holds it (which is his only job)

Go Vols!

The media has basically been in Dobbs pants all week, I think Butch can show some love to the holder.

Reactions: 18 people

Go Vols!

Just for accuracy's sake.... Dobbs ran for 166 yds and threw for 301yds. Sorry, couldn't help it 😀☺️😉

Reactions: 3 people
Think maybe Butch went to Dobbs and asked him about giving it the holder? It would make Dobbs even more of a team leader while giving the Ashford some duly deserved credit.

Reactions: 1 person
Can I ask what he did exactly that was good? Not being a smart-aleck I just didn't see it, what was so good about the hold?

Can I ask what he did exactly that was good? Not being a smart-aleck I just didn't see it, what was so good about the hold?

You couldn't really see it on TV and they didn't mention it, but the snap on the PAT for the last TD was very high . . . as in, he had to actually stand up a little to even catch it. It was a great job to field it and get it down on the right spot.

I was sitting at the 5 yard line on the opposite end, so I had a little better view of it than I wanted. Everybody around me let out a "whoa" as he got the ball down for the kick. It was a near disaster.

Reactions: 3 people

Go Vols!

No need for Dobbs to be mad. That hold and extra point were just as important as the td itself. I'd go as far to say Dobbs was happy for him as was the rest of the team.

There will be many more chances for Dobbs to be awarded a game ball, but this was likely Ashfords only shot ever experience such a honor. Good for him.

Reactions: 9 people
You mean you don't have the whole game memorized? Not a true fan!

Every play, Every Block, Every Coverage, Every Lane covered, Every Run, Every Throw, Every catch, Every Fake, is HUGE in a win. Jones knows THAT!!!!!!
Some are Highlights and some are not. They ALL count!!!

GBO
VFL

Reactions: 2 people
It was a team win. The whole team had to fire on all cylinders to pull out that win.

Ashford played his part well.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back