AJ is tough

Just wanted to commend AJ Johnson here... Been playing on a high ankle sprain. On that note, most of the starters have been playing banged up and have been tough as hell. All the starters will not be practicing this week besides training room & weights + film. Sunday the starters will be back on the field fresh and ready to go. Going to be an exciting week of practice for some of the young guys and redshirt players.

Reactions: 19 people
Just wanted to commend AJ Johnson here... Been playing on a high ankle sprain. On that note, most of the starters have been playing banged up and have been tough as hell. All the starters will not be practicing this week besides training room & weights + film. Sunday the starters will be back on the field fresh and ready to go. Going to be an exciting week of practice for some of the young guys and redshirt players.

:good!:

I know Jordan Williams needs some rest. He's been playing hurt for a while now.

Reactions: 1 person
at this point in the year this is the situation for every team. but yes, AJ is a warrior.

Bye week = AJ Johnson appreciation week.

Kid has balled out for 4 years now, he's done it at a low point in our program and I can't wait for him to get to a bowl game this season.

Reactions: 4 people
Explains why AJJ, as well as others, have been slowing down some. Good time for a bye week. Get well guys. We are proud of you!

When the next two classes arrive they will be able to work around injuries better since there will be more quality depth.

Well Its been noticeable that they are not getting off the blocks as they did earlier games, but it could be the playin injuries...but yes...he is the Beast

This bye week will be absolutely huge for the rest of the season. JRM is also banged up not sure the extent but he should be just fine. These guys are warriors... Especially with the lack of depth that we have. Just wait a few years until we have depth... Butch is an incredible motivator

AJ is one of my all time favorites!

Maybe I've just not noticed in the past, but haven't we had quite a greater no. of high ankle sprains this year than usual

AJ is one of my all time favorites!

Maybe I've just not noticed in the past, but haven't we had quite a greater no. of high ankle sprains this year than usual

I think injuries happen at a higher rate when guys are playing with hair on fire at top speed all the time. Like others have said these kids are motivated and hungry.

It is great to see how they believe in each other and go all out.

I think injuries happen at a higher rate when guys are playing with hair on fire at top speed all the time. Like others have said these kids are motivated and hungry.

It is great to see how they believe in each other and go all out.

fyi...... AJ actually died some of his hair orange.
I understand how you could have been confused, it was very deceiving.

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah, I wish they would get TK jr and Gaulden more reps. because when I saw Pharoah Cooper outrun Coleman like that, I thought to myself, those guys are fatigued. They've had to carry the load of the whole team until the Bama game, and it's taken it's toll on them.

I also hope Weatheard, Hendrix, Sawyers and Jakob Johnson get more reps...maybe even let Colton Jumper relieve AJ some. I do think they wear down a bit in the 2nd half because the starters are always on the field.

You could see it in the Ole Mi$$ game. They held the confederates to seven 3-and-outs in the first half. But then started to break down in the 2nd half. Janzek needs to relax that sphincter muscle a bit and mix the subs in more often.

Yeah, I wish they would get TK jr and Gaulden more reps. because when I saw Pharoah Cooper outrun Coleman like that, I thought to myself, those guys are fatigued. They've had to carry the load of the whole team until the Bama game, and it's taken it's toll on them.

I also hope Weatheard, Hendrix, Sawyers and Jakob Johnson get more reps...maybe even let Colton Jumper relieve AJ some. I do think they wear down a bit in the 2nd half because the starters are always on the field.

You could see it in the Ole Mi$$ game. They held the confederates to seven 3-and-outs in the first half. But then started to break down in the 2nd half. Janzek needs to relax that sphincter muscle a bit and mix the subs in more often.

Wow. Never thought I'd be reading about our D coordinator's anus muscles. You heard it here first, folks... Jancek clinches his butt cheeks on the sideline. Thanks for the insight, VolorNuttin!

VN Store

Back