Great read on Dobbs and his evaluation from scouts

He'll do great things here at UT. Hopefully he stays humble and keep working hard. Please don't be another Tyler Bray.

Reactions: 3 people
He'll do great things here at UT. Hopefully he stays humble and keep working hard. Please don't be another Tyler Bray.

Tyler Bray majored in Throat Slashing and minored in beer drinking.

Josh Dobbs is majoring in Aeronautical Engineering.

The two are far from similar.

Reactions: 10 people
I'm cautiously optimistic.

If he's the real deal, we get to a bowl game.

I tend to agree here! Looks like the play book is a little more open with Dobbs. We have one good qb at Kentucky in Towels and a very hungry team, if we can get by them we will be fine. That is a very up and down team with an agressive coaching staff, if we can weather there storm on D should be OK. Mauk really not buying in the back yard ball style of play but we have to be ready for his running abilty and Vandy we should not be taking lightly and just play hard to finish strong!

All and all if the staff does not fall in that couple of series where we take our foot off the pedal we should be OK. This is a young team and evru series is important for the learning curve!

Last edited:

***DOBBS***

If he gets this tattooed across his upper back, then I'd worry.

Reactions: 1 person
Tyler Bray majored in Throat Slashing and minored in beer drinking.

Josh Dobbs is majoring in Aeronautical Engineering.

The two are far from similar.

I can't even SPELL aeronautical engineering without looking at this a couple of times.

Reactions: 1 person
One game does not a superstar make. But, there is a lot to look forward to!

It's gonna be amazing to witness Dobbs' growth over the next couple of years. He has the tools to develop into a Russell Wilson-like QB for us.

I love all the people in here talking **** about Bray, a quarterback 95% of college football would've taken on their team, and who just so happens to be more talented than any QB we have right now. Give him this years defense and nobody thinks badly of him. Such a shame really, he's the QB Arian Foster.

Reactions: 2 people
I love all the people in here talking **** about Bray, a quarterback 95% of college football would've taken on their team, and who just so happens to be more talented than any QB we have right now. Give him this years defense and nobody thinks badly of him. Such a shame really, he's the QB Arian Foster.

Bray had an excellent arm but couldn't win games when it mattered. He choked under pressure.

There's a reason he went undrafted despite having prototypical NFL QB size (by the end of his junior year) and a cannon for an arm.

Bray had an excellent arm but couldn't win games when it mattered. He choked under pressure.

There's a reason he went undrafted despite having prototypical NFL QB size (by the end of his junior year) and a cannon for an arm.

He went undrafted because of his character flaws. His play was fantastic don't be silly. Lol at choking. When you lead your team to 44 on UGA, 31 on MSU, 35 against USCe, and 48 against Mizzou and can't get a single win out of that your QB is not your problem.

Reactions: 2 people
I can't even SPELL aeronautical engineering without looking at this a couple of times.

I think it's actually aerospace engineering. But, I could be wrong. My father is a mechanical and aerospace engineer...if I say "aeronautical" I am quickly corrected.

He went undrafted because of his character flaws. His play was fantastic don't be silly. Lol at choking. When you lead your team to 44 on UGA, 31 on MSU, 35 against USCe, and 48 against Mizzou and can't get a single win out of that your QB is not your problem.

And yet Bray was in position to win countless games and....didn't.

UNC 2010. Georgia 2011. Kentucky 2011. Georgia 2012. South Carolina 2012.

Good quarterbacks find ways to win. See: Josh Dobbs. Or Aaron Murray.

VN Store

Back