A little perspective about Jones vs Spurrier

DaddyChad

A huge reason why I believe Jones is the guy that will lead us to the promised land is his record versus Spurrier with close to equivalent talent. Spurrier is one of the best coaches in the conference, he actually has a better record versus ranked opponents in his time at Carolina than Saban does during his tenure at Alabama.

Our talent and depth are probably as bad as we will have to suffer during Jones's time here as well. Even through probably the worst period of UT football in my lifetime, Jones is 2-0 versus the OBC.

Link to the article(this was written prior to this season):
How all 14 SEC teams have fared against ranked opponents

Reactions: 3 people
0-2 vs. Saban
0-2 vs. Muschamp
0-2 vs. Richt

2-0 vs. OBC is impressive, but the others far outweigh it.

Reactions: 2 people
I and many others had to endure the "Douchebaggery" of "the Old Ball Sack" when he was at FL! :realmad:

Now that CBJ is in his head, I am LOVING IT!!

Spurrier is a Bickhead when he wins and he is a bigger Bickhead when he loses, as evidenced by his behavior Sat. Night!

I don't care how many games he has won, he can kiss my big fat O&W (mostly white) BUTT!!! :shaking2::shaking2: :):)

Reactions: 7 people
I thought it was classy before the game that the two of them were chatting it up, for more than just a few seconds at that. I doubt Spurrier does that next year with Butch, if Spurrier's still around.

I thought it was classy before the game that the two of them were chatting it up, for more than just a few seconds at that. I doubt Spurrier does that next year with Butch, if Spurrier's still around.

I have it on good authority that Spurrier told Butch: "Let's play a round of golf after the season. I need to get you doing something I'm better at than you."

(That good authority is my imagination.)

Does it? What was Dooley's record vs them? You must actually be a yankee huh?

Where is fools today? U r graded on beating the big 3.. N that's reality..

Cbj must not go 0 n 3 next yr or he is 0 n 9 against them.. Is that the promise land.

Que the sunshine heard on the excuses on why..1..2...3

0-2 vs. Saban
0-2 vs. Muschamp
0-2 vs. Richt

Considering the state of the program when Butch took over in Dec 2012...

Saban is excuseable
Richt is dissapointing but not unreasonable
Muschump is the only embarrassing one.

Cbj must not go 0 n 3 next yr or he is 0 n 9 against them.. Is that the promise land.

I'm still trying to comprehend this jumbled up mess, but I think I've got it.

My retort is "wtf if he does"? What exactly are you and the other "negavols" going to do besides ***** on a message board?

Reactions: 9 people
I'm still trying to comprehend this jumbled up mess, but I think I've got it.

My retort is "wtf if he does"? What exactly are you and the other "negavols" going to do besides ***** on a message board?

He's not that good with?...words? :unsure:

[I don't care how many games he has won, he can kiss my big fat O&W (mostly white) BUTT!!! :shaking2::shaking2: :):)

.[/QUOTE]

I thought they stopped selling that Man Tan lotion which turned orange in the 60"s

0-2 vs. Saban
0-2 vs. Muschamp
0-2 vs. Richt

Saban, Muskrat and Richt all had and currently have greater talent and more depth than we do. Probably even USCjr to a lesser extent. So the losses should have to be expected, even if they are a hard pill to swallow. Two more years of good recruiting and we will have the depth they have, next years class gets us close in talent at many positions to muskrat and Richt. Saban will still have us on talent and depth till the 2 recruiting class from where we stand today.

Can we be honest here? When Coleman Thomas and Justin Worley got injured, the replacements did a much better job in this offense. Add in Peterman quickly proving he was not the leader they needed, left Dobbs as the only option. Butch got lucky. Those two players combined with everybody - fans, media, former players - jumping on Jake for his lousy schemes and play calling changed everything. This offensive improvement started in the Bama game, while the defense that had been so good bombed in the last two games.

Does it? What was Dooley's record vs them? You must actually be a yankee huh?

The idea is to beat our opponents, which neither Dooley nor Jones as done. Beating USC doesn't mean diddly if you can't beat georgia and florida. Jones has also lost twice to weak florida teams, so what does that tell us? Things look better for us because of Dobbs, who is only playing because of Worley's injury. You realize that if Worley had not got hurt, we would almost certainly have lost the SC game?

Reactions: 1 person
Can we be honest here? When Coleman Thomas and Justin Worley got injured, the replacements did a much better job in this offense. Add in Peterman quickly proving he was not the leader they needed, left Dobbs as the only option. Butch got lucky. Those two players combined with everybody - fans, media, former players - jumping on Jake for his lousy schemes and play calling changed everything. This offensive improvement started in the Bama game, while the defense that had been so good bombed in the last two games.

It has nothing to do with "butch getting lucky". This whole deal has everything to do with this fanbase wanting instant gratification. I still think it would've been better to have Dobbs for 3 more years then 2.

The idea is to beat our opponents, which neither Dooley nor Jones as done. Beating USC doesn't mean diddly if you can't beat georgia and florida. Jones has also lost twice to weak florida teams, so what does that tell us? Things look better for us because of Dobbs, who is only playing because of Worley's injury. You realize that if Worley had not got hurt, we would almost certainly have lost the SC game?

Let's play the game of ifs since you like it so much.

What if Worley doesn't throw that pick in the end zone against Oklahoma?

What if Worley didn't get hurt against Georgia and missed a whole quarter?

What if Tennessee had scored on just ONE of the chances they had inside the 30 yard line against Florida?

0-2 vs. Saban
0-2 vs. Muschamp
0-2 vs. Richt

Why is this even relevant right now? We are in a rebuilding phase. Getting better but still rebuilding. You act like the programs are on equal footing.

Why make excuses obviously reading comprehension flies right over your head? I could point out that the thread is about Jones and Spurrier, you know two coaches at programs with similar recruiting class rankings although Carolina has suffered much less attrition and has recruited players specifically suited to their staff's offense.

I could also point out that UGA, UF, and Bama have enjoyed a wide chasm in talent disparity over the years but why bother it's not like you would actually read that or be able to grasp that these 1 and 3 point losses become wins when the talent gap is so wide.

There are several on here just so entrenched in their opinions and agendas that they cannot see this team is on the cusp of being back in contention year in and out.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back