VN Negavols quoted in TFP article

VOLywood

Wiedmer: Vols fans finally have reason to believe | Times Free Press

Negavols quotes from USCe vs UT game thread bashing CBJ are discussed in this TFP article.

I'll go ahead and start the popcorn popping...

:popcorn:

Here's a quick quote...

So it should come as no surprise to hear the comments of many folks who claim to be Tennessee football fans during their eventual 45-42 road victory over South Carolina on Saturday night. Unhappy with second-year coach Butch Jones's overall record of 8-12 entering that game, as well as his 2-10 SEC record to that point, the following two remarks made their way to VolNation.com's in-game thread as South Carolina twice jumped to 14-point leads in the final half:

10:35 p.m. --"As is all too common, Butch shows us NOTHING as a coach on the field. He's getting schooled by the Ole Ball Coach."

10:36 p.m. -- "Butch can recruit but outside of that he (stinks), kind of like (former Florida coach Ron) Zook. Just let Butch fill the cupboard for the next guy. After next year we can try again to get a halfway decent coach."

Then came this at 10:41: "We've always got women's basketball and softball, right?"

Followed by this a minute later: "I hope Michigan wants him. They can have him."

Reactions: 9 people
Thanks fellas. Way to go. Let the whole world see you are an emotional basketcase during a football game. Makes us all look like idiots.

Reactions: 42 people
Come guys. Fess up. Like emotional school girls caught up in the moment. Can't see tomorrow. Start the coaching carousel again. Some really want this. You know who you are.

Reactions: 5 people
"...comments of many folks who claim to be Tennessee football fans..."

Priceless. Just... Priceless.

I hope he writes a follow-up article quoting the crow-eating band-wagoners.

Reactions: 11 people
Writers who don't understand message boards shouldn't quote them as sources. Incredibly lazy

Reactions: 24 people
I don't care how big a superfan you claim to be. We were all ready to kick puppies with 5 minutes left and if you claim otherwise you're lying.

Reactions: 16 people
Not that night. Several continued to bash after the win.

You're right, and the same article even references another post-game quote from some who said this...

Not that Jones would get every vote for governor if he decided to give up this football stuff. With words no one could appreciate more than Muschamp, one crabby critic commented: "Still say we won in spite of Butch's crappy coaching far more than because of it."

but then at least they quoted a realist also...

But if it's not, never forget this VolNation post when considering every true SEC football fan who ever lived: "I'm only negative when we are losing. I'm ok now."

I don't care how big a superfan you claim to be. We were all ready to kick puppies with 5 minutes left and if you claim otherwise you're lying.

you don't know the difference between game commentary and acting like an emotional idiot? Come on man.

Reactions: 2 people
Agreed, but just saying we don't have any posters on here that are not found by the truckloads on other message boards.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back