7-5?..And since bowl games #1 need is to sell tickets

LakeMaryFLVol

been seen jacked up on testosterone and moonshine
What would be the highest bowl that would grab an energized Vol fan base almost guaranteeing a sell out? Have seen some of these bowls grab lower seeds for this purpose. ..Gator has real trouble selling tickets

When it comes to these lower tiered bowls, it isn't about SOS or quality of wins, it's about selling tickets, hotels rooms, and entertainment dollars.

With that in mind, I could see a 7-5 UT team in the Gator. Most likely Nashville or Memphis.

A 4 year starved fan base waiting for a bowl who historically travel well. I am sure every bowl committee is waiting for it.

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah, Liberty or Music City bowl would be a sell out for sponsors if they took UT

I bet you a 7-5 Tennessee team would way outsell an 8-4 Mississippi team in bowl ticket sells. Our fans are starved for a postseason game and Ole Miss would be limping into the bowl game with a few losses (that is if they lose to Arkansas and Miss. State)

I guarantee you any bowl would be happy to get UT in it. We travel very well and it's been a while since this team has been to a bowl.

I bet you a 7-5 Tennessee team would way outsell an 8-4 Mississippi team in bowl ticket sells. Our fans are starved for a postseason game and Ole Miss would be limping into the bowl game with a few losses (that is if they lose to Arkansas and Miss. State)

That's a pretty safe bet. They had a list of which teams travel the best to support their team a few years ago. UT was towards the top of it.

CBS has us projected to the Liberty vs West Virginia. Their offense is scary good and their fans travel well. That would be a tough ticket and a tough game.

Let's take care of bizness first. How the heck we gonna be in any bowl if we don't win first?Predictions are worthless at this point.

Reactions: 2 people
CBS has us projected to the Liberty vs West Virginia. Their offense is scary good and their fans travel well. That would be a tough ticket and a tough game.

I love that match up and even better in my hometown, please let it happen...

too far?

When it comes to these lower tiered bowls, it isn't about SOS or quality of wins, it's about selling tickets, hotels rooms, and entertainment dollars.

With that in mind, I could see a 7-5 UT team in the Gator. Most likely Nashville or Memphis.

Gator would be nice. They just might go for a hot 7-5 team that will sell tix over a fading team with a better WL. BUT---we have to win out to get there. Not going to be as easy as some think IMO.

Definitely want the music city since the per team payout is almost $1,000,000 more than the belk or liberty

VN Store

Back