300-100 club

Section KK

Maybe someone can confirm this, but Dobbs must be the first Vol to ever post 300 passing yards and 100 rushing yards in the same game. The NCAA list of 300-150 games probably isn't that big either.
(Siap)

Awesome game Dobbs, awesome win Vols.

Reactions: 5 people
Great to see the success this young man is having especially after all the criticism he has received from the "experts" on VN. A great student, player and representative for our universiy. Hope he has great success for the rest of his career ( sure he will have success after college because he is making the most of his academic career). Go Vols and Go Joshua!

Reactions: 3 people
I don't think he did, but Tee Martin might've had 300/100 against Arkansas in 1999. I know he had 300 yards passing, and I remember a couple of good runs he made in that game.

I don't think he did, but Tee Martin might've had 300/100 against Arkansas in 1999. I know he had 300 yards passing, and I remember a couple of good runs he made in that game.

Dobbs was only the 4th UT QB with 100 rushing, and Tee Martin isn't one of them.

Reactions: 2 people
Dobbs was only the 4th UT QB with 100 rushing, and Tee Martin isn't one of them.

They said during the game last night that Dobbs broke the qb rushing record held by Martin. Was that incorrect?

Just read the previous record was Jimmy Streater with 106. Maybe I heard that wrong last night. They may have said it was the most in a game since Martin.

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe someone can confirm this, but Dobbs must be the first Vol to ever post 300 passing yards and 100 rushing yards in the same game. The NCAA list of 300-150 games probably isn't that big either.
(Siap)

He has to be. I can't think of any other QBs, other than Martin and Shuler, that could have done it and I don't think Shuler ever had a 100 yard rushing game.

Just read the previous record was Jimmy Streater with 106. Maybe I heard that wrong last night. They may have said it was the most in a game since Martin.

Heard that to.but let's be honest sec network folks have gotten alot wrong so far.from names to stats.

I thought Tee had one or two 100 yard rushing games, Syracuse '98 for one.

Jimmy Streater is the only other QB with 100 yd rushing game (that I remember). Tee topped out at 85 yards in 1 game.

Last edited:
(Siap)

I would think one of those Oregon QBs over the last few years has done 300/100.

Vince Young had 267 passing and 200 rushing in the national championship game. Not 300 passing, but still impressive.

If Dobbs can keep playing consistent and put up these numbers I wouldnt be surprised to hear Heisman talk next year.

If Dobbs can keep playing consistent and put up these numbers I wouldnt be surprised to hear Heisman talk next year.

Let's talk accurate passing before even sniffing that conversation, he only had around 55 percent accuracy last night and some of those first half throws looked terrible. Great game by Dobbs last night and if he keeps it up the future is very bright. But still not to be a downer, it was one game and he has to play better before we can knock off the big boys next year.

He's gonna break more records I believe!

VN Store

Back