Dobbs vs SC defense

1standgoal

Dobbs should be able to run wild against the SC defense considering what he did against bama. Probably a game similar to his performance against KY last year.

Reactions: 1 person
I think since USCe knows Dobbs is playing, they will really try to keep Dobbs in the pocket or keep a spy on him. I think Dobbs will need to win the game through the air. He will get some runs, but passing will be most important today.

Reactions: 3 people
I think since USCe knows Dobbs is playing, they will really try to keep Dobbs in the pocket or keep a spy on him. I think Dobbs will need to win the game through the air. He will get some runs, but passing will be most important today.

This is the exact reason I'm hoping for Worley tonight. Even though I am well aware I am in the minority.

Reactions: 2 people
Dobbs should be able to run wild against the SC defense considering what he did against bama. Probably a game similar to his performance against KY last year.

Starts already. Why should He be able to run wild.

Tennessee is a team I respect based on how the vol players showed respect to Lattimore. I always pull for you guys except for this one game a year.

Reactions: 12 people
Tennessee is a team I respect based on how the vol players showed respect to Lattimore. I always pull for you guys except for this one game a year.

If you would just fully covert, your life would be complete. Here's to no injuries for either team tonight!

Reactions: 5 people

I've enjoyed following Lattimore since he entered the NFL. His current health condition looks very encouraging!

I agree SC will need to contain Dobbs to win. However, he has so many options in the run game at his disposal - and he's smart enough to use them - that SC may be able to slow down the engine but they won't stop the train.

Bama's defense is 2nd in the SEC in scoring defense, SC's defense is tied for 13th with Vanderbilt.:thumbsup:

SC scoring defense is 100th in the nation to Tennessee's 98th scoring offense. Not sure either group looks good exactly. Maybe Dobbs gives you that added spark. We shall know soon enough.

Reactions: 2 people
It may have been fools gold, but the UT offense looked like a completely different team after Dobbs came in last week, so I am not putting much stock in the offensive team stats for the season to date. I also think that a ground based attack is going to be better tonight in the expected weather conditions with 20 mph winds.

That will play in our favor. An immobile Worley allows the LB's to cover the middle. With Dobbs mobility, I see #82 having a huge game tonight!

It may have been fools gold, but the UT offense looked like a completely different team after Dobbs came in last week, so I am not putting much stock in the offensive team stats for the season to date. I also think that a ground based attack is going to be better tonight in the expected weather conditions with 20 mph winds.

It did, but there were still many negative yardage running plays specifically on 1st down with Dobbs playing. Our offense seems to play better in the no huddle with a "pass to set up the run" mentatilty.

Strength vs strength (SCAR Off vs UT Def), weakness vs weakness (UT Off vs SCAR Def).

Our weakness looks much better though with Dobbs at QB/Hurd back to 100%/Oline showing promise last week and SCARs weakness looks worse with leading tackler LB Skai Moore out.

One thing AL did last week was move Cooper around a lot, so Cam couldn't cover him every down. I hope SCAR doesn't try this.

SCARs Oline and LBs are their best units. Thompson is good but throws some picks. We need to capitalize on this. We are due for a pick6 this year.

Also on Special Teams, Vandy took two to the house verses SCAR. We could use a little of that magic with Evan Berry!

For the record, I think Dobbs is a way underrated passer on this board and is up for the task through the air. People talk bad about his accuracy, but most of the time, he throws with pretty awesome accuracy. He had a couple WR drops on excellent throws (ex. TE over the middle). He misses very few throws (like the slant in the end zone), but our other QB's missed some key throws too. Overall, I think we will be praising Dobbs for his accuracy as the season unfolds. Keep an open-mind and really watch it. I think he will change many people's minds about his throwing accuracy.

SC scoring defense is 100th in the nation to Tennessee's 98th scoring offense. Not sure either group looks good exactly. Maybe Dobbs gives you that added spark. We shall know soon enough.

I don't put all that much faith in statistics, as I'm sure you don't either. However, the defenses Tennessee has played against (on average) are considerably better than the offenses South Carolina has faced.

The worst offense Tennessee has faced was Florida (#59). South Carolina has faced some pitiful defenses...Furman (worse than the last one listed at #124), Vanderbilt #122, and Missouri #68.

I believe Tennessee will score a lot of points. If the embarrassingly inept Vanderbilt can hang 34 points against you guys, the Vols offense will roll.

As a Vol fan, I am much more worried about the other side of the ball. While we do have a good defense, I think South Carolina's offense will put plenty of points on the board.

VN Store

Back