The real reason Marlin Lane was suspended

This is how it should be handled, internally. This is the only way they are innocent until proven guilty. Bravo to UT for investigating before reporting.

Reactions: 29 people
Why does the headline say rape but the article only mentions sexual assault? They are two completely different things.

Reactions: 10 people
Before we get bashed, I want to say I commend Butch. He suspended Marlin and he was never even arrested. Also, as soon as Trayvon Paulk was arrested for domestic assault, he was kicked off the team. Kudos to Butch for due process.

Reactions: 26 people
See the athlete trains still haven't gone out of style. This was commonplace where I went to school among the athletes.

Reactions: 3 people
UT did absolutely nothing wrong in this situation. This "journalist" is on a witch hunt and uses UF as her model of handling this type of accusation? She says UT has chosen to act very differently than UF while acknowledging that Lane was suspended for 2 months. That's about 1.5 months longer than Treon Harris was. Her attempt to disparage UT's handling of the issues was poorly backed.

Reactions: 43 people
Marlins Lane was suspended around the time of the incident. Investigation happened, charges were dropped and he was reinstated

In the world we live in journalism is more about creating a shock and awe to generate clicks rather than writing quality material. Guarantee you clay travis has already tweeted something out about UT being like FSU just to get the fan base stirred up to generate clicks for his site

Reactions: 16 people
This is how it should be handled, internally. This is the only way they are innocent until proven guilty. Bravo to UT for investigating before reporting.

Your answer is the biggest bunch of BS I have ever heard. Rape is a crime where I come from!!!

Reactions: 9 people
got a feeling this will not end up being good for us from the media, or from a national viewpoint in the long run for our athletic program or university.

it just does not look good hearing about this after it happen over a year and half ago.

we can say whatever we wish, and defend the players and coaches but it just does not look good no matter what with it coming out after it happen over a year and half ago.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back