THE Determining Factor in Turning the Corner

Face

VolNation Con Man
Joshua Dobbs. The Rocket Man. The skinny as a rail true freshman who did little more than look like a skinny as a rail true freshman last year. He’s who I’m looking at to tell me if UT’s turned the corner or not.
My definition of turning the corner at this point in time is:
“Winning games that matter by making the key plays instead of losing games that matter by botching key plays”
I think we can all agree, if we play according to the above statement, the sun is finally rising on the dark night this program’s lived in lately.
There’s 3 reasons I single out Dobbs as THE player who determines the turning point.
1 – Development. Many said “If Dobbs was this good, he should have played all year.” The brightest point, at least to me, in UT football this year is Dobbs’ development. He was NOT the player we saw last week at the beginning of the season. He PROGRESSED! Imagine that! Player progression in key roles is a sign of turning the corner.
2 – Player completeness. Is Dobbs becoming a complete player? Is he excelling in the weight room (physical ability), playbook (mental ability), and between the hashes (PLAYMAKING ability)? He’s definitely bigger, stronger, and faster. He was able to run some critical plays at crucial times, as well as make the right reads. He also showed some darn near nasty flashes of being a baller. Players beginning to excel in these areas are a sign of turning the corner.
3 – Taking the next step. We’ve “moral victoried” the crap out of this year, and last week was another one. So far, we haven’t taken the moral victories and turned them into Ws. Can Dobbs do that this week in Columbia. Can he take this team, make it HIS team, and take it to the next level.
If Dobbs leads this team and pulls out this win this weekend, I believe we’ve turned the corner. If not, we can get ready for more “process” “work in progress” “we are who we are” coach speak (which I believe is true anyway).

I want to see what the 2014 Dobbs can do.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Lol. If you Google Dobb Goblin, this is what you get.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 464
Reactions: 7 people
The quality of the defenses we face is going to take a marked step backwards starting this week. There's nothing close to a Bama, Oklahoma, Ole Miss or Florida left. Dobbs doesn't have to be great. If he just manages the offense and we run it even a little, we're going to have a great shot at winning every game.

Reactions: 2 people
The quality of the defenses we face is going to take a marked step backwards starting this week. There's nothing close to a Bama, Oklahoma, Ole Miss or Florida left. Dobbs doesn't have to be great. If he just manages the offense and we run it even a little, we're going to have a great shot at winning every game.

I agree. Just the way he played vs bama we have a great shot at winning out. If the dust isknocked off and his accuracy is better, we could blow out a ccouple of these games.

What is a good Dobbs knickname? Does one exist?

I think it should involve lack of eyebrows...

Dobby

Attachments

• dobbie.jpg
    dobbie.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 379
Reactions: 1 person

Mizzou's defense certainly isn't bad, but agreed not like ones we've faced.

dobby dobb goblins are hard to catch and irradiate,I think its an infestation that cant be stopped:whistling:

Back on topic, 1 win won't mean we've turned the corner. Many thought we turned the corner last season after the USC win. We managed to lose 4 out the last 5.

If UT wins this week, they'll need to validate it against UK and Mizzou then take care of Vandy. I would consider that turning the corner, especiallly with a bowl win.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I want to never see or hear of him referred to as the Dobb Goblin ever again!

Dobb Goblin is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard? Not sure how it gained any traction on this site. Can we all please just not use it anymore lol.

No offense WoodsmanVol or whoever it was that started this.

Dobb Voliday

And the Sundance kid

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 1
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 156
Dobb Goblin is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard? Not sure how it gained any traction on this site. Can we all please just not use it anymore lol.

No offense WoodsmanVol or whoever it was that started this.

Agreed. "Rocket Man" is not so bad though. I've heard that one a couple of times.

VN Store

Back