UT-SC should be an even game

1standgoal

Vols are 8th in the SEC in scoring defense and SC is 7th in scoring offense. Vols are 13th is scoring offense and SC is 13th in scoring defense. Turnovers and special teams will probably decide the game's outcome. Hopefully Evan Berry returns the opening kickoff for six. Go Vols!

Reactions: 2 people
One mutual opponent (Georgia) our results were very similar. However, our offense has played against arguably the 3 best defenses in the league (Florida, Ole miss and bama) whereas their defense has played against Vandy, Ky and Missouri, three of the worst offenses in the league.

I think our D will neutralize their O, and our O will be make plays to win the game.

30-20 Vols

Reactions: 1 person
I agree that statistically this should be a pick em game with USC favored by 3 for home field advantage.

This is a chance for Butch and Crew to prove they belong in the SEC and put us in a position to win on the road. In other words, they need to out coach the Ole Ball Coach to show the fan base and the recruits that we are on the Rise to the Top!!

Vols are 8th in the SEC in scoring defense and SC is 7th in scoring offense. Vols are 13th is scoring offense and SC is 13th in scoring defense. Turnovers and special teams will probably decide the game's outcome. Hopefully Evan Berry returns the opening kickoff for six. Go Vols!
That would mean we loose the coin toss again!!

I'll take it to be up 7-0 with 14:49 to go is the first.

Vandy had a lot of success in this area. Surely EB can at least get some serious yards.

if our offense can just produce and sustain drives long enough to give our defense a rest, i could see a decisive win in our favor. However, if the D has to stay on the field as much as they have all year, it could go the other way.....i think it all hinges on time of possession.

If we can establish and build on the running game we found last week, we win. If not, we lose.

From Bleacher Report......

The Gamecocks had one of their best efforts at Auburn and will parlay that into a blowout win against a Tennessee team that's facing a crisis of confidence.

Prediction: South Carolina 38, Tennessee 17

This is a stupid conclusion! "crisis of confidence"...I only saw them get more confident during the Bama game.....

Bleacher Report is the Vanderbilt of journalism. Maybe we should come out pregame in our black unis like we wore when we clocked USC on halloween. It would make Spurrier, the officiating crew, fans and commentators go bat crazy. Wear the storm troopers during the game obviously but would we get flagged for wearing them in warm ups? Would be funny to see Spurriers reaction no?

From Bleacher Report......

The Gamecocks had one of their best efforts at Auburn and will parlay that into a blowout win against a Tennessee team that's facing a crisis of confidence.

Prediction: South Carolina 38, Tennessee 17

This is a stupid conclusion! "crisis of confidence"...I only saw them get more confident during the Bama game.....

In my view, one of the greatest travesties of the modern era is the erosion of journalism into strictly editorialized content. The archetype used to be that journalists should distance themselves from their content and would attempt to rely upon expert analysts to flesh out and communicate the fine points of a complicated subject. Now journalism, especially sports journalism, attempts to tie the role of journalist and analyst into one. When that happens, both the journalism and analysis suffer greatly.

Bleacher Report is the Vanderbilt of journalism. Maybe we should come out pregame in our black unis like we wore when we clocked USC on halloween. It would make Spurrier, the officiating crew, fans and commentators go bat crazy. Wear the storm troopers during the game obviously but would we get flagged for wearing them in warm ups? Would be funny to see Spurriers reaction no?

I'm for this.

Football UT-SC should be an even game

Agree, but one important factor leans this towards the Cocks - and that is Spurrier's Offensive Play calling Ability. He has beaten us so often with equal or less talent on the field but, has had much better call playing. He is one of the best in college football. Let's not forget that 4 years ago SC was a doormat that nobody every took seriously, and now we are lucky to beat them. It's UT vs Spurrier.

VN Store

Back