Poll: South Carolina a must win?

Poll: South Carolina a must win?

• Total voters

madbamahater

With USCjr very vulnerable this year and with this being a potential big turning point of the season.........is this a must win?

Losing tomorrow will do one of 2 things. Either make it nearly impossible to win 3 in a row or worse....cause this team to pack it in.

I think the Vols can win just bringing their B game. If they bring their A game they could run away with it. What do you all think?

Voted, I think it's a must win game if we have any hopes of 6 wins and to keep the team morale from tanking.

Reactions: 1 person
It's still the toughest game left, but with basically no room for error, it feels more and more like a must win every time i think about it.

I think it would make the odds of winning 3 straight to finish the season real low at that point. They do get a bye week which i think will come at a great time win or lose.. Going to have to limit turnovers and it's very doable.

Act like Spurrier is not a crafty foe? He finds ways to beat UT, 4th down conversions, etc. How will rain game affect our scheme? We need an A+ game IMO at Williams Brice.

I don't think it's a "must-win" game. That term is used too lightly, I think. IMO, if you lose the must-win game, then you do not reach your goal. The goal has always been to get to a bowl game. We would still have a chance to do that with a loss.

Winning on the road in the SEC is very hard. If we lose this game and win out, we advance. I will not look back at 6-6 and say, what a disappointing ending; we should have won at USC.

If we lose, then every game will be a "must-win" game.

And, by "we", I mean the football team, the University, and VolNation. We are One.

No. But, of course, that means we have to win the next three in a row to go bowling...win this one and it's a little easier path.

GO VOLS!

Ky. and Vandy. are the must wins. I believe Butch needs a split between SC and MiZZou too keep the fan base and recruits happy. JMO GBO!

Also, if you think a loss would "cause this team to pack it in" then you haven't followed this team the last two years.

They do not give up under Butch.

Reactions: 3 people
voted yes - this is a game the VOLS can and should win...plus as others mentioned the momentum aspect cannot be overrated.

. . . I think the Vols can win just bringing their B game. If they bring their A game they could run away with it. What do you all think?

You do realize they are underdogs playing on the road, right?

I have a lot of confidence, but they will have to play as well as they have played all year to win this game. A "B" effort will get them blown off the field.

Anyone who has convinced themselves that the Vols SHOULD win is setting themselves up for a Sunday morning, Negavol meltdown.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
voted yes - this is a game the VOLS can and should win...plus as others mentioned the momentum aspect cannot be overrated.

For some reason it seems the Vols have an edge in this one. It is a VERY winnable game. VERY!

I honestly think it is UTs to lose.

I'm confident in this game. The auburn game last week did make me more nervous, though.

This. I also voted yes because I'm just not sure how the mental aspect of having to win out will go over on the team if we lose tomorrow. That's a tall order. Possible, but very difficult.

With USCjr very vulnerable this year and with this being a potential big turning point of the season.........is this a must win?

Losing tomorrow will do one of 2 things. Either make it nearly impossible to win 3 in a row or worse....cause this team to pack it in.

I think the Vols can win just bringing their B game. If they bring their A game they could run away with it. What do you all think?[/QUOTE]

We're not going to 'run away' from a team averaging 35 pts per game. Especially a team that can run between the tackles with a big RB, which we've been vulnerable against. I think we have a chance to hold them below their average, but we will likely have to score 30+ pts to win at their place.

Oh, and inb4 Nationdom says we not only win out, but we win our bowl game and are put in the 4 team playoff and subsequently win the NC.

You do realize they are underdogs playing on the road, right?

I have a lot of confidence, but they will have to play as well as they have played all year to win this game. A "B" effort will get them blown off the field.

No way.....UT played an A game on defense and special teams last year. But it required some special offensive big plays to win last year agaisnt a more talented and deeper USCjr team. A team with Clowney and Connor Shaw (a tough gamer and winner)

This is a less talented USCjr team. Their record reflects my opinion.

I will argue that they quit against Vandie last year......

I will argue they didn't. They were still playing for a bowl game. They were without the first team qb and best receiver. And Vandy won in the last minute. Just because the team plays bad does not mean they gave up. It was just a bad game.

No way.....UT played an A game on defense and special teams last year. But it required some special offensive big plays to win last year agaisnt a more talented and deeper USCjr team. A team with Clowney and Connor Shaw (a tough gamer and winner)

This is a less talented USCjr team. Their record reflects my opinion.

So a team that beat a Top 10 ranked team and played a current Top 4 within one possession and is coached by a Top 50 winningest coach of all time is going to lose to Tennessee even if UT plays sub-standard?

Okay. We'll see.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back