It's possible

fade route

Just being honest
Despite all of our struggles this year, its is still possible to go 8-5. I mocked people in the offseason who predicted 8 wins, but we actually have a decent shot at getting there with a bowl win. If we do, What will your evaluation of Butch Jones look like?

Reactions: 2 people
Too optimistic of a post Imo but I'd be ecstatic if we won 8. I'd be happy a bowl game though.

Despite all of our struggles this year, its is still possible to go 8-5. I mocked people in the offseason who predicted 8 wins, but we actually have a decent shot at getting there with a bowl win. If we do, What will your evaluation of Butch Jones look like?

It would be very impressive to finish the season like that.

But my view of Butch Jones would not change. I think he is a hell of a coach.

Reactions: 9 people
With 23 true freshmen and so many sophs playing I believe that if this happens then buTch and his entire staff should get 2 extra years on their contracts and a BIG payraise to make damn sure none of our coaches go anywhere.

Doing this would be a huge step in rebuilding our program and I'd say that we're a year ahead of schedule.

Then get ready for all the threads predicting 10 Wins next year, LOL!

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person
I wanted to see a team that played hard and stayed competitive...believing that wins would be there and enough to get to a bowl game. So, at first glance, I think he would exceed expectations to reach 8-5; however, with the talent available and the way the team played it looks more like met expectations to me...some of the struggles aside we have some ballers on the team and a fairly decent supporting cast.

It would be very impressive to finish the season like that.

But my view of Butch Jones would not change. I think he is a hell of a coach.

Yes, I do too. He might not be the best X's and Os guy, but he has the attitudes right on the team. They never quit and always have a lot of fight in em. We need this game this week! I bet spurrier has several tricks and schemes up his sleeve, I hope we are prepared for anything.

With 23 true freshmen and so many sophs playing I believe that if this happens then buTch and his entire staff should get 2 extra years on their contracts and a BIG payraise to make damn sure none of our coaches go anywhere.

Doing this would be a huge step in rebuilding our program and I'd say that we're a year ahead of schedule.

Then get ready for all the threads predicting 10 Wins next year, LOL!

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

You know, the biggest question mark for next year has been QB play. If Dobbs keeps up or improves his level of performance the rest of year and we win out on his shoulders, who knows what next year may look like...

As big of an "IF" as this is, I see no problem answering.
I have been in wait-and-see mode.
If this happened, I would climb down off the fence and
even use the "He is the guy" phrase.

I don't know how much my view would change, but it certainly wouldn't go down. Look back to November 2010. We all thought when Bray was slinging the ball all over the field to FR receivers that the future looked pretty bright.

However, I think Butch would be able to capitalize on a nice winning streak and create a buzz around the team that we haven't seen in a long, long time whereas Dooley didn't/couldn't.

He'd deserve a raise for going 8-5.

I think it would be pretty miraculous to do, but it's possible.

Let's get through Carolina at their place and then I think we have a good shot at running the tables. I want to get to a bowl game before I start predicting a win in one personally.

If he gets to 8 wins though it would be a pretty good achievement and maybe make some of his critics STFU.

Yes I agree

If we did that huge progress IMO. Expecially by closing a rough season out strong and actually winning a bowl. When was our last bowl win.

That would be a tremendous season in my book. I do not think it happens at this point but would be ecstatic if it did. And considering the close way we played UGA and UF, finishing with 8 means we had an excellent chance to actually get 10. Wow!

If we go 8-5 that means we will have swept November and won our bowl game. If that happens I will be beyond excited about the future and Butch Jones.

VN Store

Back