I predict major shake-up...

Dougie_D

Everyone is freaking out if CBJ goes to Michigan.

Even if HE doesn't go, it doesn't mean that one of our assistants wouldn't get a call.

Also, whoever goes to FL.. he might make a few calls to Gillispie or even Martinez.

It's very common for assistants to leave a program after 2 years.

Why would anyone want to leave what is going to be a Championship Team that is coming down the pike? Naw go back to bed.... you must be sleep walking again.

Even if HE doesn't go, it doesn't mean that one of our assistants wouldn't get a call.

Also, whoever goes to FL.. he might make a few calls to Gillispie or even Martinez.

Mullen will take most of his assistants with him to UF.

Reactions: 2 people
Everyone is freaking out if CBJ goes to Michigan. Even if HE doesn't go, it doesn't mean that one of our assistants wouldn't get a call. Also, whoever goes to FL.. he might make a few calls to Gillispie or even Martinez. It's very common for assistants to leave a program after 2 years.
Here's the deal, Butch Jones has said it is 100% nonsense that he is going to Michigan. He and his family love it on Ole Rocky Top! I'll betcha this staff has more years together than any in college football. They like their boss and they like being a part of where this program is going. They have been there before. For comparison, Dooley lost almost his entire staff his last year. Butch Jones lost none his first! Now would you please stop looking for negatives and help us finish 4-0? Thank you! :lolabove:

Last edited:
Reactions: 28 people

I doubt Gillispie or Martinez leave to make a lateral moves. Especially if we make bowl game because they both would be getting nice raises.

Gillispie will have the opportunity to work with a really talented group of backs next year and that would put him on the map.

Same for Martinez he has the opportunity next year to work with probably what will the be the best secondary in the SEC next year

Combine that with the raise they both will receive at season's end they won't go anywhere.

I doubt Gillispie or Martinez leave to make a lateral moves. Especially if we make bowl game because they both would be getting nice raises.

Gillispie will have the opportunity to work with a really talented group of backs next year and that would put him on the map.

Same for Martinez he has the opportunity next year to work with probably what will the be the best secondary in the SEC next year

Combine that with the raise they both will receive at season's end they won't go anywhere.

Most new coaches bring most of their staff with them when they move to a better job. I would expect that to happen at Um and UF .

Oh no! Another lets find something else to freak out about thread. It really must be sad looking for the worst case scenario at all times. It would wear me completely out. None of us can really have an impact on any of the coaches deciding to stay or not...although, several of the posters on here seem intent on trying.

I think the commonality of that may be overestimated due to our time with Dooley.

Reactions: 1 person
No one with common sense is freaking out over the potential of BJ leaving to Michigan. Michigan wants a coach coming off a great year. Vols probably won't make a bowl game.

no one is going anywhere!! we lost our entire offense and defense line. next year will be the true test.

how many threads do you make a day about firings or general feelings of malaise about our football program? Seems like there is at least 1 a day. Bordering troll status.

What about our best recruiter, Thigpen? He better get a raise and a big one or other S.E.C. schools will attempt to get his attention.

Gee - thank goodness we don't have a winning record, huh? Imagine the coaching cupboards would be empty.

VN Store

Back