National opinion of USC - TN game

GoBigOrangeUT

Kind of hot in these rhinos
I've heard several people, including sports books and national analysts say that South Carolina pretty much laid it all out on the field last week against Auburn and are skeptical that they can play with any energy. Most all of them picked Tennessee to win outright. They did acknowledge the fact that playing at home will give them a bit of an edge, but they feel like USC put everything they had into the Auburn game and they may not have any more left.

Reactions: 4 people
I agree 100% as long as UT takes the fight to them. Spurrier has always been the damn the torpedoes aggressive attack machine, so we can't go into a shell. I'm sure the ole ball coach will go for several 4th downs as usual. We need to play aggressive offensively and defensively as well. If Dobbs plays well and we at least tie in the turnover battle, I like our chances.

Reactions: 2 people
Didn't we lay it all on the field last year in the UGA game? We couldn't muster the energy for the next game as I remember, tough loss to USC.

Reactions: 5 people
How many visor tosses does it take to get to a moral victory and how many for an outright win?

As you know I am going to WBS with cock fans and they mentioned that the team was pumped about the all black jerseys. Most that I talked to expect to score at will on us and think they will win due to our new QB mistakes and turnovers

As you know I am going to WBS with cock fans and they mentioned that the team was pumped about the all black jerseys. Most that I talked to expect to score at will on us and think they will win due to our new QB mistakes and turnovers

I guess the cocks have to be excited about the uniforms. They haven't had much else to be excited about

Reactions: 3 people
I agree 100% as long as UT takes the fight to them. Spurrier has always been the damn the torpedoes aggressive attack machine, so we can't go into a shell. I'm sure the ole ball coach will go for several 4th downs as usual. We need to play aggressive offensively and defensively as well. If Dobbs plays well and we at least tie in the turnover battle, I like our chances.

I agree, they will be tough to stop at times because they are going for it on 4th down a lot in this game. Spurrier said in his press conference that with the D struggles they will be utilizing 4th down for more then punting. We may have to start 4th down for what Saturday night.

Reactions: 4 people
I'm finished predicting games this year, as a fan it's been a very draining year. I hope the Vols win but which team shows up....1st quarter Bama Vols or 2-4th quarter Bama Vols

Our guys need to play with a fire and the coaches need to play to win these last 4 games.

Spurrier won't be anywhere as near concerned about keeping up with UT's offense like he did Auburn.

I don't expect to see many 4th down plays that he doesn't punt unless they repeatedly get favorable down/distance and field position.

How many visor tosses does it take to get to a moral victory and how many for an outright win?

It's all about the headphones. When the headphones hit the ground you know you have the OBC right where you want him.:)

Reactions: 1 person
Who knows? I'm excited to see if Butch out coaches OBC 2 years in a row. That will get his visor flying more than anything.

I hope we win but we are a 3-5 team. Where is the proof we can win w/ o exception.? Spurrier is a crafty coach and often a 4th down coach

Personally I think the 4th down decisions are going to rest on how OUR offense comes out and performs. Note in the Auburn game I think they were all 3rd or 4th qtr. IE his hand was forced, that is what he thought he had to do to keep up. And I think it was.

Now if our offense comes out flat footed and doesn't put points on the board why should he fear them? He knows his defense is swiss cheese but if we fail to move the ball against it then we ALLOW HIM to consider 4th down as an option.

But instead if we come out and hang 10 or 14 points on them in the first qtr and a half, say around 17 to 21 points by half time, then he has to consider that if he goes for it on 4th and misses we just might score. That adds a new aspect to the decision.

TLDR version: He had to go for it on 4th to keep up with Auburn. He might be able to go for it on 4th with us because he isn't worried about us keeping up with him.

I would submit most rational coaches would take that stance as reason to punt and let the D handle it. But a) Spurrier is an OFFENSIVE coach, always has been always will be and b) his D is absolutely horrible and he has no faith in it. So if he doens't respect our ability to score I think he goes for it more on 4th

I hope we win but we are a 3-5 team. Where is the proof we can win w/ o exception.? Spurrier is a crafty coach and often a 4th down coach

Last year vs. SC.

CBJ is undefeated vs. Spurrier.

Spurrier is winless vs. CBJ.

Ya can't spell suck without SC.

Reactions: 1 person
I looked it up USC is currently 2-3 in conference play with 4 wins overall. That leaves them needing 2 more wins out of 4 games to become bowl eligible and they'd need to win these next 2 games to get above 500 in conference play. The other being Florida. Their non-conference games includes clemson which would be a likely loss. Spurrier might be semi - retired but he isn't dead. They are at home and we were their spoiler last year. It's also Halloween and the previous time we beat them we were in black on Halloween. This is about as pivotal a game for them as they have left.

VN Store

Back