My prediction on the OBC

OrangeIsLife

The thrashing that Tennessee puts on South Carolina this weekend is the final straw and Spurrier announces that this season will be his last. Book it.

Reactions: 2 people
Kind of like Muschamp being fired after we beat them? Don't put that evil on us, Ricky Bobby.

Reactions: 7 people
I think he quits this year no matter win or lose and goes back to Florida. He says no but why wouldn't he? He has all those 5* recruits down in Florida and he thinks he could go out a big winner.

Ironically the sc game was the last straw for fulmer as well.

OBC has made it abundantly clear his two goals for this season, BEAT Georgia, AND beat Tennessee. This is a revenge game for the OBC. I seriously hope nobody is counting this as an easy win. I do think if TN wins this one though there is a Great shot for 7-5.

I think if OBC loses this weekend its probably retirement time. If he wins he may stick around for another year.

Reactions: 1 person
I think he quits this year no matter win or lose and goes back to Florida. He says no but why wouldn't he? He has all those 5* recruits down in Florida and he thinks he could go out a big winner.

Ummm...because he's like 100 years old...

Unfortunately this just reminds us how far we have fallen. There was a time when we didn't lose to Sourh Carolina. In fact when we did it cost someone his job. The first time it was Randy Sanders, and the next time it was Phil. Now we've gotten so used to it we are just hoping for a win. Sigh . . .

Unfortunately this just reminds us how far we have fallen. There was a time when we didn't lose to Sourh Carolina. In fact when we did it cost someone his job. The first time it was Randy Sanders, and the next time it was Phil. Now we've gotten so used to it we are just hoping for a win. Sigh . . .

This isn't usc from the 90s. They have won 11 games the past three years and ended up ranked number 4 at the end of the season.

Don't leave out Johnny Majors

The poster you quoted was a newb.

We edumacate everyone here.
Plus I can't see post count when I'm posting from the phone. I'm old and don't see well.

He should probably know the CJM was fired 6 days after losing to SoCar

I don't expect him to go more than 2 more seasons. He doesn't seem to enjoy it as much. If he loses to both TN (likely) and at Clemson (toss up), he might punch out or he might announce one more season so a replacement can be announced and groomed.

No it just shows how good of a coach Spurrier is. UF was nothing before he got there. Neither was SC. He made both of those programs into national powerhouses.

Reactions: 2 people
unfortunately this just reminds us how far we have fallen. There was a time when we didn't lose to sourh carolina. In fact when we did it cost someone his job. The first time it was johnny majors, then randy sanders, and finally it was phil. Now we've gotten so used to it we are just hoping for a win. Sigh . . .

fyp

I don't expect him to go more than 2 more seasons. He doesn't seem to enjoy it as much. If he loses to both TN (likely) and at Clemson (toss up), he might punch out or he might announce one more season so a replacement can be announced and groomed.

It's more likely he loses to Tn than Clemson? Tn is better than CU? Interesting....

USC has lost 3 in a row. Finish them.

Had anyone on this board forgotten how far we've fallen? I'm still trying to figure out why so many on this board insist on these ridiculous, "reminds us how far we've fallen..." posts.

We've fallen. We get it. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Now, let's look to the future and return.

/soap box

VN Store

Back