Dobbs playing should boost recruiting

VOLorNuttin

What's that? If Worley was still playing and we were still struggling (like he did against UF and OleMi$$), it would be a harder sell for CBJ and staff, because it still leaves a BIG question mark on next season.

Since we know recruits read these boards (many have said so), then their conclusion would have been "Peterman and Dobbs suck"...because so many clueless idiots here have claimed as much....over, and over, and over.

But now that Dobbs has been giving a chance to shut the mouths of (most of) his critics, recruits can see for themselves that the future is bright, indeed. With Dobbs, I think we are a better team in the remainder of our games, and 7-5 (regular season) is well within reach.

Sure we need some improvement from our OL, still...but what I saw last Sat. was a QB who picked up right where he left off in the Spring. If I'm a recruit, that makes me think "they got something going on over there in Knoxville!"

Reactions: 5 people
I agree...we needed a shot of energy on the field! That Ole Miss game made me sterile...imagine what recruits thought.

Reactions: 2 people
What's that? If Worley was still playing and we were still struggling (like he did against UF and OleMi$$), it would be a harder sell for CBJ and staff, because it still leaves a BIG question mark on next season.

Since we know recruits read these boards (many have said so), then their conclusion would have been "Peterman and Dobbs suck"...because so many clueless idiots here have claimed as much....over, and over, and over.

But now that Dobbs has been giving a chance to shut the mouths of (most of) his critics, recruits can see for themselves that the future is bright, indeed. With Dobbs, I think we are a better team in the remainder of our games, and 7-5 (regular season) is well within reach.

Sure we need some improvement from our OL, still...but what I saw last Sat. was a QB who picked up right where he left off in the Spring. If I'm a recruit, that makes me think "they got something going on over there in Knoxville!"

Then if you see it you must be right in there with the rest of us clueless idiots. :good!: :stinker2: :birgits_giggle:

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 1 person
Probably doesn't do much for Dormady's confidence or any other QB's they may be after.

If Dormady and JJ redshirt, this lost year of eligibility helps them...elite programs get elite prospects for a reason. They sometimes like to see players having success in the same system.

If Dormady and JJ redshirt, this lost year of eligibility helps them...elite programs get elite prospects for a reason. They sometimes like to see players having success in the same system.

I don't disagree on this but I don't know their mind set and haven't seen anything on Dormady other than everyone was expecting him to immediately compete for the job.

Dobbs plays well rest of season and it may give him and others something to think about.

If the offense starts clicking, it should really help as OP suggests. QB issue may be a potential downside though.

Probably doesn't do much for Dormady's confidence or any other QB's they may be after.

Shouldn't effect them. Dobbs will be a Junior when Dormady and Jennings are freshman and will be a Senior for 2016 class.
I could see Dormady and Jennings competing for no 2 spot behind Dobbs with the other redshirting

Not sure how much more of a boost we need.... we have a full class... ranked number 5 I think.... still in it for some high star guys. We will probably have the best DL haul in the SEC if we land Philips. Have the best WR already, land 1 more back and will have great RB haul. 2 really good QBs, just need Richmond and might be best recruiting class that I ever remember.

Reactions: 2 people
Shouldn't effect them. Dobbs will be a Junior when Dormady and Jennings are freshman and will be a Senior for 2016 class.
I could see Dormady and Jennings competing for no 2 spot behind Dobbs with the other redshirting

Yeah, that is the scenario I kind of expect/hope to play out.

Dobbs has a nice running game and you anoint the fan base clueless idiots for not realizing how great he is. Wonder what you must think of the staff. USC will scheme against him specifically - wish him well

Dobbs has a nice running game and you anoint the fan base clueless idiots for not realizing how great he is. Wonder what you must think of the staff. USC will scheme against him specifically - wish him well

Not sure??? :blink:

I for one feel very cautiously optimistic about Dobbs. Offense definitely did better just having the mere option of QB running last week. But we all need to remember his inconsistencies last year and some off-target throws Sat. Seems like a very good kid and obviosly smarter than anyone on VN so wish him well.

Go Vols and to heck with bama all year long

Do you really believe what you posted?

So many positive things you COULD have said . Instead you did this . You made a leap to some UNKNOWN recruit , tried to tie THAT to next year , and then lost your train of thought .

we got a breathe of fresh air and it blew up some orange psyche. Excitement along with a real chace to scramble and make plays. hei is a different qb form last year

So many positive things you COULD have said . Instead you did this . You made a leap to some UNKNOWN recruit , tried to tie THAT to next year , and then lost your train of thought .
You mean to say you were/are one of the clueless idiots ragging on Dobbs all this time....with faint info to base it on? Sounds about right. See, didn't lose my train of thought, at all.

Richmond really likes UT, even if he is committed currently to Ole Mi$$. Believe he was at the Bama game, and thus he got to see in person what our future would look like (with Dobbs getting a big head start on next year). That had to improve our chances of landing him.

He is just one example. Johnny Frazier and Bryce Love were there, too. Flipping Frazier would be HUGE!

Don't let your feet start floating off the ground, yet. He looked good in one game. He missed a lot of throws, and some that were completed were very fortunate. I do think he livened up our line that looked like they could care less if they made a block or not the last couple weeks. I saw some good stuff out of Dobbs. But It's one thing to come off the bench and be impressive, and another to know your the starter all week and play well. We shall see how he handles the pressure of being the man. Go VOLS!

VN Store

Back