Triple Option?

aRmo

I was listning to a RTI pod cast published today and they said they havent seen a QB throw all week. But what they have seen is the offense running Triple Option? Hmmm interesting turn of events. Also they said Worley couldnt even jog without his shoulder bothering him.

Reactions: 1 person
No passes all week? Guess we're going to pull a Georgia Southern and beat South Carolina without completing a pass like they did against Florida...

Edit: Added color...

Last edited:
I was listning to a RTI pod cast published today and they said they havent seen a QB throw all week. But what they have seen is the offense running Triple Option? Hmmm interesting turn of events. Also they said Worley couldnt even jog without his shoulder bothering him.

Pretty sure the "triple option" they were talking about was the one we saw vs Bama.....Slot comes in motion towards qb, guving the qb the option to either hand off to him, hand the ball off the his rb or keep it himself. I heard them discussing as well, don't recall them saying anything about a prototypical triple option.

Reactions: 2 people

Was he jogging on this hands?

Reactions: 4 people
They said they havent "Seen" QBs throw all week. They are only out there for 1 period of practice.. doesnt mean they are not passing the ball.

Reactions: 8 people
No passes all week? Guess we're going to pull a Georgia Southern and beat South Carolina without completing a pass like they did against Florida...

Nope, Jones just hasnt let media see them pass all week, only let them see 2 sessions/periods yesterday......stretching and the qbs & RBs practicing handoffs. So they saw virtually nothing, weren't allowed to hang around for the "meat" of the practice. Clearly Jones is practicing some gamesmanship regarding our qb situation. Not sure why though, everybody including the Ol Ball Coach, knows Dobbs is starting.

Reactions: 4 people
Isnt the set where Pearson runs across and Hurd is in the backfield technically a triple option?

Depends on the playcall.

I guess you could call the wrinkle where we run read option with an option to throw it after the keep a triple option.

They said they havent "Seen" QBs throw all week. They are only out there for 1 period of practice.. doesnt mean they are not passing the ball.

Maybe they were seeing Peterman. As long as he holds the ball it's not going to get passed!

:thud:

Tennesseeduke

VN Store

Back