Scheme-matic

Aerie Vol

Scheme for Worley, scheme for Dobbs. Keep the OBC guessing. All I see are discussions about whether SC will scheme for Dobbs or Worley.

I'll just throw this out there: Scheme for Dobbs all you want, SC.

You. Can't. Stop. Him.

Such is my confidence level in Bajakian's offense. Wow, can't believe I just said that. Dobbs may stop us with "rookie" mistakes, but we have too many weapons on this offense for the defense to stop it.

What scheme exists for thwarting the offense we displayed for 3 quarters vs Bama? Discuss.

AV

Reactions: 1 person
It'll be hard to stop if Dobbs starts. Not that he's the greatest dual threat out there, but with Hurd, and our receivers there is potential to burn a defense. Look at how they moved the ball against bama.

But, INB4 "sc defense will have the best gameof ttheir career".

Scheme for Worley, scheme for Dobbs. Keep the OBC guessing. All I see are discussions about whether SC will scheme for Dobbs or Worley.

You. Can't. Stop. Him.

Such is my confidence level in Bajakian's offense. Wow, can't believe I just said that. Dobbs may stop us with "rookie" mistakes, but we have too many weapons on this offense for the defense to stop it.

What scheme exists for thwarting the offense we displayed for 3 quarters vs Bama? Discuss.

AV

And the fact that SC's defense is the worst in the sec

Reactions: 4 people

You. Can't. Stop. Him.

AV

Waitress? I'll have what AV is having. Thanks.

Reactions: 2 people

You. Can't. Stop. Him.

AV

So what does that say about Butch? He waited this long to unleash the potent offense in the history of football.

It seems that a couple teams are finding that the more exotic 3-3-5 defensive scheme works pretty well against the wide open spread attacks...I know TCU and West Virginia have found it to be successful against some of the most prominent wide open offensive attacks.

That being said, you aren't gonna convert to that during the week...you might have a package for it.

It seems that a couple teams are finding that the more exotic 3-3-5 defensive scheme works pretty well against the wide open spread attacks...I know TCU and West Virginia have found it to be successful against some of the most prominent wide open offensive attacks.

That being said, you aren't gonna convert to that during the week...you might have a package for it.

Thanks. I was hoping to engender more detailed analysis such as yours. I appreciate the input!

AV

So what does that say about Butch? He waited this long to unleash the potent offense in the history of football.

Get ready, you're about to get an avalanche of "plan to redshirt, promise to parents, coaches didn't know he had improved this much", etc.

TCU gave up 61 to Baylor and WV has been known to give up quite a few points themselves... not sure I like this 3-3-5 scheme... I'm still waiting on Dooley's 6-6-4 scheme to make a comeback... it had potential...

No kidding man! Butch should have had him starting August of last year.

Horrible decision making skills. This just goes to show he should not be the coach at the University of Tennessee.

Scheme for Worley: House Blitz every single play.

Scheme for Dobbs: Put a spy on Dobbs. Blitz occasionally but mostly mush rush. Man coverage underneath and make Dobbs beat you with his arm.

Scheme for Worley: House Blitz every single play.

Scheme for Dobbs: Put a spy on Dobbs. Blitz occasionally but mostly mush rush. Man coverage underneath and make Dobbs beat you with his arm.

Dobbs has a good arm, its the accuracy that's the question. I'm sure he was a bit rusty this past weekend. If he can be accurate with the running skills, it'll definitely be hard to shut our offense down.

The guy from the GameCocks Scout page says that he expects the GameCocks to "score at will" on the Tennessee Defense, and that with a back up QB TN won't be much of a challenge to put up many points. (video 2 min. mark forward) At the end he says expect the OBC to come out and really put it on TN early.

Scout.com - College and High School Football, Basketball, Recruiting, NFL, and MLB Front Page

Sounds like their insiders are expecting a pretty easy victory for USC.

Dobbs has a good arm, its the accuracy that's the question. I'm sure he was a bit rusty this past weekend. If he can be accurate with the running skills, it'll definitely be hard to shut our offense down.

Agreed.

Get ready, you're about to get an avalanche of "plan to redshirt, promise to parents, coaches didn't know he had improved this much", etc.

I thought that "controversy" had been relegated to the why-does-it-even-matter dust bin.

With Dobbs actually getting reps this week and considering USCe couldn't stop Furman, none of us have any idea what we'll see. It'll just be more fun for our side. Personally I think our D is gonna try and make a statement.

VN Store

Back