Sunshine Pumping Weds..without need for delusions of how we can win

LakeMaryFLVol

been seen jacked up on testosterone and moonshine
Finally a Weds where I do not have to twist into a pretzel wrapped in unicorn and rainbow delusions on how we can get a W this week. We will get a W this week...Wow..that felt good typing and believing it at the same time..GBO!!:dance2:

Reactions: 2 people
I agree. I really think we match up well against USCe. Our defense is much improved (minus 1st quarter of Bama game) and it appears that we have discovered some offense (plus their defense is bad).

Reactions: 1 person
I think Davis is probably the 2nd best back in the SEC when healthy but we can force turnovers with their QB. I think this is UT's breakout game.

I agree on great opportunity to get a w but its on the Rd so that has me a little worried

I agree on great opportunity to get a w but its on the Rd so that has me a little worried

SEC road games are always something to worry about. UT played well in the 1st half at Ole Miss except for the most important part....scoring points!

If UT can play like they did at UGA, they'll be fine. But they have to capitalize on field position and score some freaking points.

SC may not be the best team in the SEC, but Spurrier is still a football genius and can coach when he feels like it.

Avoid turnovers. Dobbs can still be wet behind the ears and have some bad passes but we cannot afford for him to force issues and turn the ball over to a bad defense. WR's need to step up and make some extraordinary catches to continue building Dobb's confidence. Also if he does toss a wild one those same receivers need to become defenders.

Play loose. Every time this offense has played tight or scared they get worse and worse. If anything i feel like with Dobbs the line, recievers, running backs, finally felt some weight lifted off of them and they all played better because of it.

Play loose. Every time this offense has played tight or scared they get worse and worse. If anything i feel like with Dobbs the line, recievers, running backs, finally felt some weight lifted off of them and they all played better because of it.

I'll take this one step further. I think the team realizes Worley's limitations (immobile and no down field accuracy) and Dobbs brings a new dimension to the offense (although his throwing accuracy is in "developmental" mode). I think the team has a lot of respect for Worley, but they know what many of us have observed and this translates to the field in some ways.

I am not so sure this is a slam dunk win on the road. Their offense lit up Auburn on the road and they beat GA in their house earlier. If our OL plays well we could very well win this game, but I wouldn't put good money on it.

we need to wear all black jerseys with some chrome flare in order to win this game IMO

Avoid turnovers. Dobbs can still be wet behind the ears and have some bad passes but we cannot afford for him to force issues and turn the ball over to a bad defense. WR's need to step up and make some extraordinary catches to continue building Dobb's confidence. Also if he does toss a wild one those same receivers need to become defenders.

Yes, my concern is Dobbs making turnovers. If the OL can run block well enough for Hurd, Dobbs, and Lane with occasional reverses by Pig and Von we keep the ball on the ground with some play action to keep them loose. The key is the OL opening holes for the run game.

I am not so sure this is a slam dunk win on the road. Their offense lit up Auburn on the road and they beat GA in their house earlier. If our OL plays well we could very well win this game, but I wouldn't put good money on it.

I agree. Great test for the entire team. Does Dobbs go forward or step back out of Neyland? Does Jancek and the defense regroup and not come out flat? The entire team needs to build on last week to get us an SEC road win.

It would be fairly fitting if Butch was the coach Spurrier could not beat on his way out in the same way Spurrier was the coach Fulmer could never beat. Would be nice retribution for years of harassment from OBC.

I will be at the game this week. Undefeated when I go to watch this game live.. Just saying..

If Dobbs is the starter this week. IMO our running game will be explosive. Our Oline matches up with this front four. Dobbs still scares me throwing the ball, but he can make plays. We just need to keep it simple and not do to much. I am confident going into this game that we come away with a Win, but it is in Cola and they have spurrier so who knows ..

I'll take it a bit further, need to outscore USC in order to win this game.

I hope this does not turn into a scoring match. USC showed they can score last week against Auburn and our offense has been suspect lately(scoring points).

SEC road games are always something to worry about. UT played well in the 1st half at Ole Miss except for the most important part....scoring points!

If UT can play like they did at UGA, they'll be fine. But they have to capitalize on field position and score some freaking points.

I agree.

This game boils down to COACHING...............plain and simple..........they have holes and we have holes..........sooo, we will see which coaches makes the BEST decisions that night.................both teams are EVENLY matched in my opinion !!

You guys every week:

THIS IS THE WEEK!

Hopefully you are right this week.

I keep seeing you talk about Dobbs, but I won't be surprised if ole # 14 isn't our starting QB this week.

They played UGA well away and won. They played Aurburn away well and lost. They lost to KY and Mizzo and TAM at HOME.

Vols played UGA away well and lost if Worley don't go down or dobbs instead of Petey goes in I think they win the UGA game.

Lets hope the home game ritual stays true for USCe.

GO VOLS Edit I got UGA and KY backwards sorry

Last edited:
I keep seeing you talk about Dobbs, but I won't be surprised if ole # 14 isn't our starting QB this week.

As long as Dobbs is their to take over if he can't get it done USCe is not that good at home. Well they have not been good at home .

VN Store

Back