Interesting tweet by Schlabach

deezvols

4* lurker
Not sure how to take this tweet. I guess he's dogging the playoff selection as it stands.

SIAP

Born in Indiana and went to school at Georgia. It's not a homer tweet so I have no idea why he threw us in there. Not sure I agree at this point.

Hardee har har. Good one. [where's that blue font button?]

Joke's gonna be on him when the CFP gets expanded to 16 teams and 8 of them ARE from the SEC.

S. E. C. Deal with it, punk.

AV

Reactions: 6 people
He's mocking the SEC bias the CFP poll has. joking that we have no right to be there but are because SEC.

Born in Indiana and went to school at Georgia. It's not a homer tweet so I have no idea why he threw us in there. Not sure I agree at this point.

He's criticizing the fact that 3 of the 4 preliminary playoff teams are from the SEC with sarcasm. Including us is funny because we suck.

Reactions: 2 people
But if he was being sarcastic, using a school like Candy would have made it a little more amusing...

Reactions: 3 people
But if he was being sarcastic, using a school like Candy would have made it a little more amusing...

He did / not sure what he's referring to:

"Mark Schlabach @Mark_Schlabach · 16h 16 hours ago
My top four: Vandy, Kentucky, Arkansas, Florida"

Last edited:
Did anyone else catch it on the show that revealed the list on ESPN that Reece and Kanel was talking about how Alabama should be in top 4 because they blew out Texas A & M and Tennessee. It didn't look like a blowout to me after the first quarter, looked like a good game.

Did anyone else catch it on the show that revealed the list on ESPN that Reece and Kanel was talking about how Alabama should be in top 4 because they blew out Texas A & M and Tennessee. It didn't look like a blowout to me after the first quarter, looked like a good game.

Reece is an openly gay Bammer alum, so he's biased.

As for the blowout comment, obviously he didn't watch after the first quarter.

remember when all you had to do was run a couple of punts back, and the Big 10 bias got you a Heisman trophy, and before that the Notre Dame bias....lets vote a 7-3 team into a new years day bowl game or better that that as a top 10 team....The SEC bias just happens to be the best team are getting recognized

FWIW, I'd assume he thinks those are the bottom four teams in the SEC.

FWIW, I believe that Tennessee, Kentucky and Arkansas could beat some of the teams ranked in the top 25 poll from other conferences...eg...Marshall, BYU, East Carolina, Louisville, Duke....etc. etc. etc. Even at 6-6 or 5-7 these teams are better than their records based on who they played and who they lost to.

Reactions: 3 people
I know I am dumb, but I kind of take this as an honorable mention by MS and not an insult to us so much. Now I agree he is poking fun at the first 4 selected, and the whole process, but I think he is giving us some props that 4 of our losses are: OU @OU, UGA @UGA, UM @UM, and UA @UT. Those are not USC losing @BC or tOSU losing @OSU to VT, who then got beat the next by ECU and then GT the following week type defeats.

VN Store

Back