Probably hidden in a thread alread

Volsfaninva917

But this is unbelievable. Jones added that if Worley, who started the first seven games of the season is healthy, he would draw the nod in the return to his homestate.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
But this is unbelievable. Jones added that if Worley, who started the first seven games of the season is healthy, he would draw the nod in the return to his homestate.

Thoughts?

I think Butch is messing with South Carolina's game plan.

Reactions: 8 people
I think Butch is messing with South Carolina's game plan.

Not arguing with you, just starting conversation so please dont take this as me bashing your statement. But what is there really to prepare for with Worley? When Worley is in the game its a very basic offense mixed in with a few shots down field, what would be your scheme against a Worley led offense? Mine would be blitz like crazy because he doesnt have the pocket awarness or the athletic ability to move and escape pressure.

Reactions: 1 person
Not arguing with you, just starting conversation so please dont take this as me bashing your statement. But what is there really to prepare for with Worley? When Worley is in the game its a very basic offense mixed in with a few shots down field, what would be your scheme against a Worley led offense? Mine would be blitz like crazy because he doesnt have the pocket awarness or the athletic ability to move and escape pressure.

Hate to run down Worley .... but to a great extent, you're probably right. Although, we've proven that there's no need to commit extra guys and blitz. Teams have done just fine hammering Worley with a 4 man rush.

If it's the Worley we saw against Utah St, Ark St and UGA then I'm for it.

If it's the Worley we saw against UF and Ole Miss then I say no.

Doubt he will play but possibly seeing both in USCjr game "could" be beneficial. "Could" be......

Reactions: 2 people
Worley hasn't played with a healthy team since the first play of the first game of the year. They are healthier than they have been since then. Every vol deserves a chance to succeed. There is no reason to put dobbs out there if you don't have to. He has a great opportunity to lose the game with stupid mistakes. If worley is able to go it's a good thing. IF THEY PUT HIM OUT THERE INJURED AND HE ISN"T READY AND LOSES THE GAME BECAUSE OF IT. Ill be a little miffed.

Really this is a terrible pinch for Butch. If he does the right thing and puts Worley out there. The younger half of the fans are going to lash out no matter what. If he puts dobbs out there and dobbs loses the game they will still lash out at the coaches because it will obviously be the play calling.. not dobb's fault.

Reactions: 4 people
Lots of speculation with this, is it "game plan" is it to protect Dobbs if Jones knows he likely can't go on the road and play mistake free from everything Jones has seen of him every single day in practice or is it just sticking to a senior who's stuck with the program through the toughest stretch its possibly ever been through and giving him the keys to the vet?

I'm okay with letting Worley start but after a sack and a couple 3 and outs I wanna see Dobbs come in and move that pocket and get us rolling... However if we get OK Worley or UGA second half Worley I like worley to play.

Lots of speculation with this, is it "game plan" is it to protect Dobbs if Jones knows he likely can't go on the road and play mistake free from everything Jones has seen of him every single day in practice or is it just sticking to a senior who's stuck with the program through the toughest stretch its possibly ever been through and giving him the keys to the vet?

I'm okay with letting Worley start but after a sack and a couple 3 and outs I wanna see Dobbs come in and move that pocket and get us rolling... However if we get OK Worley or UGA second half Worley I like worley to play.

That's a good call actually. I like it.

So those of you ok with Worley starting, what was the point of burning Dobbs redshirt? Why not just roll Peterman out there grin and bare it? So you've wasted a whole year of eligibility for 3 quarters? Not arguing just asking

So those of you ok with Worley starting, what was the point of burning Dobbs redshirt? Why not just roll Peterman out there grin and bare it? So you've wasted a whole year of eligibility for 3 quarters? Not arguing just asking

We needed two QB's ready. That's all it was, Worley couldn't go and we needed two QB's. That's all there was to it.

Really this is a terrible pinch for Butch. If he does the right thing and puts Worley out there. The younger half of the fans are going to lash out no matter what. If he puts dobbs out there and dobbs loses the game they will still lash out at the coaches because it will obviously be the play calling.. not dobb's fault.

Exactly what makes it the "right thing" to put Worley back out there? Not sure how anyone could not see that Dobbs gives you a better chance to succeed just by going off the run factor alone. Granted, Worley is the senior and can be serviceable, but I think you basically kill your running game by having him out there. JMO

Maybe Jones dont care if he thinks Michigan is going for him

I think it's a good idea to start Worley in his home state. Butch is down there recruiting all the time. Hell, starting doesn't mean he'll play the entire game.

I dont think Worley has practiced much haz he? Ill bet he knows he won't be healthy and won't be available so he's.just saying that.

Maybe he starts Worley but pulls him quickly if it goes south. Maybe he is not wanting to bench him outright when they went from playing the 2 best Ds to one of the worst seeing how Worley feastes earlier on the weaker comp. Maybe Dobbs doesn't fare so well this week seeing how Bama didn't prepare for him and they can't defend a dual threat QB.

Any scenario I trust that Butch will bench the right guy and it wobt cost them a win.

We needed two QB's ready. That's all it was, Worley couldn't go and we needed two QB's. That's all there was to it.

Again Peterman was healthy so why not just leave him in the entire game? Dobbs didn't have to play, the redshirt is gone and if it was wasted on 3 quarters then Jones is in way over his head

You start Worley and bring in Dobbs on the 3rd series. Neither QB is really where they need to be so shake it up a little. Dobbs needs to play in every game the rest of the way to gain experience for next season.

If it's the Worley we saw against Utah St, Ark St and UGA then I'm for it.

If it's the Worley we saw against UF and Ole Miss then I say no.

Doubt he will play but possibly seeing both in USCjr game "could" be beneficial. "Could" be......

That would be fine if there was no film on us and d coordinators couldn't see it. The reason our offense got so bad is that teams realized there wasn't much need to blitz or worry about the deep ball. That wouldn't change even if Worley were healthy. JMO

VN Store

Back