The Stretch

JohnMcA60

Which game do you guys feel is the biggest hinge on how the rest of the season finishes. I think it's USCjr. I don't know how our team would react if we were pushed against the wall and had to win out to make a bowl game. I feel if we win against the OBC and USCjr then our chances of finishing 6-6 or 7-5 increase a lot but with a loss could kill the teams morale. A bowl game would be HUGE for the program and the culture.

I really think it's MO... USCe is really a coin toss but UK,Candy and MO should be the 3 we SHOULD win and go bowling...

Reactions: 1 person
I agree that this is a big game for us. However, every game is a must win. Anything can happen on any given Saturday.

Reactions: 2 people
I'll say that the Mizzou and UK game will have some indication on the thoughts of mine going forward. Missouri beat USCe in Columbia, SC and all have beaten vandy by less than 14 points. Now UK did it in the beginning of the year while Mizzou almost gave it away last week. This stuff is so annoying. One touchdown and none of this is an issue...

Heck for that matter just give us one more field goal vs FL and I would be a lot happier right now!

I agree that this is a big game for us. However, every game is a must win. Anything can happen on any given Saturday.

This. Although I do believe the closer we get to being bowl eligible, the better we'll play and the games may not be barnburners. I know I have no recent reason to think this but I love this squads attitude and effort.

Last edited:
Gotta get the victory this weekend. I'd hate to lose, then have to worry every single game the rest of the season if we're gonna be eliminated from bowl eligibility. Lets get to 4-5 so we can rest a little easier.

Reactions: 3 people
The only one I am not worried about is Vandy.

I guarantee Spurrier wants revenge for last year and has the offense to make it happen, and just played Auburn to the wire they either come out really flat good for us OR come out really Ticked off and wanting to use us as their whipping boy.

Missouri has had our number since entering the league think about it we haven't beaten them yet, and last year they made us look like idiots.

Kentucky has looked vastly improved and put up more points on Florida than we did.

The only X Factor for us is that we just started our 3rd string quarterback and he seemed to bring a spark to our offense BUT he is relatively inexperienced, and he IS going to make mistakes, all we can do is pray that they aren't game changing mistakes (our senior starter made enough of those for the season).

Unfortunately it is now officially Put up or shut up time. Have to get three of them no matter what.

Last edited:
In order of most to least important IMO:

1. MO - We need to beat them from a conference standpoint and not be 0-3, and they are
beatable

2. KY - Because it is KY and we need this victory to go bowling, their QB is good and it will
be a tough win but it is at home

3. vy - End their season and start another 20 year run of wins

4. SC - I have this game as least important because I think it will be the toughest to win,
the OBC will want revenge for screwing him out of the SEC championship last year and
So will the returning player. The game is at WBS which is a tough road game for the
Dobbs to start. If we lose this one the sky is not falling.

THE REALITY OF IT IS THOUGH THAT EACH GAME IS THE BIGGEST GAME.

GO BIG ORANGE, BEAT THE CHICKENS!!!!! VFL

For momentum's sake this week against USCjr. Then probably MO and UK. Those will be the bowl game make or break ones. Vandy should be a cake game.

For momentum's sake this week against USCjr. Then probably MO and UK. Those will be the bowl game make or break ones. Vandy should be a cake game.
'Can't be a UT fan and a UK fan at the same time. Need friends? I'm guessing you'd wear blue in Neyland. You can find some buds there and cry the blues. I live in SC but don't sniff around their sites. Only the lonely.

'Can't be a UT fan and a UK fan at the same time. Need friends? I'm guessing you'd wear blue in Neyland. You can find some buds there and cry the blues. I live in SC but don't sniff around their sites. Only the lonely.

LittleCat is a solid poster. You're still just a baby with your -300 posts.

Reactions: 4 people
Which game do you guys feel is the biggest hinge on how the rest of the season finishes. I think it's USCjr. I don't know how our team would react if we were pushed against the wall and had to win out to make a bowl game. I feel if we win against the OBC and USCjr then our chances of finishing 6-6 or 7-5 increase a lot but with a loss could kill the teams morale. A bowl game would be HUGE for the program and the culture.

This is simple, ALWAYS WIN AT HOME! Neyland is our house, no one comes to our house and walks away with a win!

That should ALWAYS be UT's mindset when playing at home with that being said UT needs to beat Mizzou and Ky, beating Vandy should be a given this season, and the SC game could go either way.

This one because it's the next one. But not only that it takes the pressure of having to win the rest off the team. And going into the bye week off a win will be great for confidence going into the last three

if we beat USC, then I would say UK is as we are expected to beat them. We lose to USC then each week is the most important. hopefully we play this weekend the way we played the last 3 quarters against bama.

They are all literally equally as big, a win this weekend to propel us to 7-5 and win and if it's big the next game is huge and they can't go home over confident and let Mizzou come in and beat us cause then we are on a win or die path... Heaven forbid it comes down to Vandy and we somehow go lay an egg so yeah all 4 are just as big...

Serious question, I bought a jersey and wore to the Auburn game last year, haven't worn it on a game day since. Do I wear it to the SC game?

win em all and not worry about it :) but it would be great to beat USC and be on the right track

If we are to learn anything from history, the games we "should" win are the toughest for us to actually do that.
Granted, the competition level is down from here on out, but we have just as much chance of being 4-8 as we do 6-6.
Vandy is a win, but other than that, the team better show up...and the coaches better have an excellent plan.

I agree with this. A loss to USC jr isn't that bad except it would be our 6th loss. The pressure would be on to win the next 3 (which are all winnable games). Could the team handle that pressure?

I agree with this. A loss to USC jr isn't that bad except it would be our 6th loss. The pressure would be on to win the next 3 (which are all winnable games). Could the team handle that pressure?

Could we handle all the Chicken Little threads on VN??

VN Store

Back