Cam Sutton Gets no love...

Maybe being ripped apart by Amari Cooper had something to do with it.

I tried to pay attention when they were matched up. Cooper beat him on a double move once, but he basically caught everything when Coleman, Mosley or he was in the slot with an LB on him which i'm not sure why that was happening.

Reactions: 3 people
Maybe being ripped apart by Amari Cooper had something to do with it.

Have to check the tape but Im pretty sure Sutton only gave up the one play to cooper. Yeah it was a 41 yd td. Looked like he bit on a pump fake so thats never good. It seemed like Bama schemed to make sure Sutton wasn't on Cooper much.

Reactions: 4 people
Well he will be in the finals next year.

In 2008 when Berry was clearly the best DB that year, he didnt win. But in 2009 when his stats dropped dramatically (due to scheme change) he won. Kind of a head scratcher.

If Sutton gets knocked for Saturday when he wasn't on the best WR in the country that much, Sanchez shouldnt even be on the.list after the UT game.

He was only occasionally on Cooper. Bit on one inside fake/double move. That's it. Coleman was on him more as Cooper moved around a lot and we played scheme. We didn't shift onto him

Which brings up another interesting question.......

Why in the bloody #%*#ing %#*# would we have Justin Coleman on Cooper?!?!?!

Well he will be in the finals next year.

In 2008 when Berry was clearly the best DB that year, he didnt win. But in 2009 when his stats dropped dramatically (due to scheme change) he won. Kind of a head scratcher.

I agree, but a different point to make, I HATED the way monte used him in 09.

Last Saturday is going to make Sutton much better! He's still learning. No disrespect to Dobbs, but if Bama had even 1 CB close to the talent of Sutton.....Bama would have intercepted several passes Dobbs threw.
Most teams don't have a Cam Sutton, including Bama---a team that has had top recruiting for how many years. There CB's are bad...and that's CNS specialty.
Cam Sutton is great, regardless of a little ranking. Great things to come from Cam Sutton!

Have to check the tape but Im pretty sure Sutton only gave up the one play to cooper. Yeah it was a 41 yd td. Looked like he bit on a pump fake so thats never good. It seemed like Bama schemed to make sure Sutton wasn't on Cooper much.
So you are saying Kiffen did his job and schemed us?

Which brings up another interesting question.......

Why in the bloody #%*#ing %#*# would we have Justin Coleman on Cooper?!?!?!

Interesting question.

I have no idea...

Really though. Cooper shifts everywhere. On the outside maybe we should have switched but in the slot, probably not

Should have doubled Cooper as much as possible. Maybe Kiffin got wise to that move and made sure that could not happen again.

VN Store

Back